Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how many of you have a PDA?

bignate73

anyone with palm pilots, pda etc?

how do you like it? i was thinking of getting one to organize my shiot. which one do you have? did you buy it online or in a store?

anyone seen the menu/training journal software also?

Uh, GOT PDA! (the flat, emotionally unresponsive kind)

But still no PDA! (if you know what I mean.)

I have a palm III - it's a golden oldie now, but it has 8mb and I use it for all my clients, vendors, contractors, etc. I take notes from my computer and take them to a job and vice versa.

Great tool, if you are not into paper and are willing to get the hang of the graffiti handwriting.

There are many many programs to download, including workout, training and nutritional ones, but it's just a matter of finding the one you like to work with best.

I bought mine online and searched for the best price. I knew I would beat the crap out of mine so I bought one in the middle range $$$ with high memory (well, at the time).

handspring visor deluxe.
it is like magic.
clear.
I don't really use it as much as when I first got it.
between it and my cell phone, I'm worthless without them.

Visor Deluxe here as well.

Use it for gym log, considering getting the Vivonic program for it for the gym

Also contains nearly 1200 phone numbers and emails for EVERYONE at my work. Just downloaded the entire employee database and installed it.

Contains chess and freecell for boring meetings and plane rides

Organizes my schedule, xfers data to corporate meeting scheduler

Don't use if for email yet. Tried it and didn't like it. May reconsider soon. Still using laptop for email

Works great on international travel - download programs contianing tourism, hotels, restaurants and travel aids for London and Paris when travel tgok me there.

If you're on the go, and don't want to open up the damn laptop, it's a lifesaver.

Biggest problem is PDA envy. This is my 3rd one, and now I want that new ultra-thin visor.

I have a Palm V, the slim one. You can get the best price by going to cnet.com. Look under hardware reviews. They list several online merchants by price. I got mine for almost 100 bucks less than you would pay at circuit city.

I also picked up a piece of software that lets you use it as a workout log and dietlog.

I got the handspring prisim. it is by far the best out there. it blows the color of the m505 away. i sell them so i get to see all of the new shit out there and hand spring deluxe is the best way to go for the average person. Staples is having them for $99 starting sunday. $149 with a $50 mail in rebate. could not live with out mine.

I end up buying a Sony CLie' PEG-s300 for the memory stick option (which was a total waste) and cost (at the time sony was offering rebates). I am happy however with the Sony but I just need more memory.

I've research several of the models except the newest Palm (m500 and m505), Visor Edge, and Sony CLIE PEG-N710C.

Which exception to sony there are very few changes.

Palm m500......now offers a memory stick......but they have yet to refine the OS to take full advantage of it. I believe they also bumped up to a 33Mhz dragon ball processor

Visor Edge.....essentially a platinum with lithium batteries and cosmetic changes. Still no upgradable flash memory:(

By online unless your impatient

the two most useful programs for me are avant go and vindigo. if you are in a big city, they make life a million times easier.

a month or so back I went to a meeting at commerce one and one of the engineers in the meetings had a wireless setup for his and that was pretty fricking cool - you could even ssh on it AND you could fucking set it up as a web server... not practical, but there are a couple of uses for it.
the guy was psyched b/c I told him to setup a filter on his e-mail to forward to the device if messages are received after/before a certain time so that he could check mail all the time.
we discussed some other cool stuff to do with it.

it was very cool, but I couldn't justify it for myself b/c the only time I'm really away from a computer and a fast connection is when I'm in my car, and I don't need any more distractions in the traffic here.

Got a Palm V as well. Its a cool little piece of shit to have to amaze your freinds and seem like the smart guy on campus. Other than that, its about as useful as a notebook and pen. Save your money for a good colored compaq one with windows.

PALM Vii X. It is the shiznat. Got it at work so that I can be tracked down! LOL!!! Anyway, I have tons of stuff on it and I keep a nice workout / diet log going. Pretty neat the way it does all the wireless communications.

Top Bottom