Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many days off?!?!?

HulkRow

I do my workout everyday except Sunday.
Now i was wondering should i take more days off,i know i need time for growth but i cant help doing it everyday.

Whould doing what i am doing now ,slow growth???

Six days a week seems a lot but your the only one who can judge if it is impeding growth or not. If you gaining in strength and size them stick with what your doing. If you have reached a plateau and you are not gaining try changing to four or five days a week.

Sniperwolf said:
Six days a week seems a lot but your the only one who can judge if it is impeding growth or not. If you gaining in strength and size them stick with what your doing. If you have reached a plateau and you are not gaining try changing to four or five days a week.

Exactly :) :)

I also do 6 on 1 off and it works for me,,,,

I would do whatever you feel most comfortable with and whatever is producing the best gains. I like 6 days on , one day off. I don't think days is an indicator of overtraining. The workout I do can be done in 4 days, if I were to do more excercises per workout, but I prefer to do keep the excercise number low and intensity high. I work each major muscle group once a week, if you do more, then it could be a different story.

On paper 6 days seems like alot, but if your only doing 45min-1 hour of lifting at the max versus doing 2 hours of lifting and working out 3-4 days a week then its really the same. I feel 6 days is superior for muscle size and strength since it enables me to workout more intesely. For example...... I would have better workouts if I did back and biceps seperatly versus doing both in one workout. If I did biceps after back during the same lifting session, I would be totally burned out and be dragging myself most of the bicep workout, for me its hard to keep the intensity up as the time and excercises progress.

I do a 6/1 routine for up to 3 months and if I begin to get signs of strain and overtraining I'll take a week off, if not keep on pumpin..

Top Bottom