Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Combining split routines worth it?

Fraewoi

So I originally did a 3-day split for many years then I moved it to a 5-day split after i took a break from the gym
I feel like with a 5-day split I'm just not getting the same types of workouts when it comes to intensity and it seems like I'm more doing isolation
do you think I will be better off switching back to three days splits or should I kind of Meet myself in the middle and do four day splits and then sprinkle in both three and five day splits here and there depending on the month?

It sounds like you need to research more on training and really educate yourself with all the possibilities with training. I do 5 days a week and I hit plenty compound movements along with isolation work plus cardio.

It could just be the program you are following is not right for you or your specific goals. Frequency, volume, intensity type of lifts it all plays a factor here.

Also if you aren't eating enough/ have a dialed in diet or sleeping good plus water intake is super important as well. It isn't just the training you have to look at all aspects of your life along with the training.

So I originally did a 3-day split for many years then I moved it to a 5-day split after i took a break from the gym
I feel like with a 5-day split I'm just not getting the same types of workouts when it comes to intensity and it seems like I'm more doing isolation
do you think I will be better off switching back to three days splits or should I kind of Meet myself in the middle and do four day splits and then sprinkle in both three and five day splits here and there depending on the month?
5 day split doesnt have to be all in 1 you can do like 2 3 or 3/2

Top Bottom