Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how is this workout routine for gaining mass?

isn't there something that the body can only process 50 grams of protein at once? is it fine to have 80-90 gram shakes?

They do those studies based on the average couch potato, eating the average 2000 calorie RDI diet.

Michael Phelps eats 12,000 calories a day when he is training for swimming. He's not fat, and he's not a muscularly huge guy.

Do you think a lean 250 lb. bodybuilder can use only the same amount of protein as a 120 lb woman who's physical activity goes to the extent of a walk around the block once a day with her dog?

Really think about that. Think about the amount of muscle mass that BBer carries compared to that woman. Think about the activity level differences between the two. Do you think the protein needs between the two would be drastically different?

There is no magic timer in your body that flicks on after you've eaten x amount of protein that stops protein from being absorbed.

Your body will use the spare protein for energy through a process called glycolosis if it doesnt need it for growth and repair.

But the amount that is needed to repair and grow muscles will vary. As ceo said, an average couch potato isn't going to have any appreciable muscle breakdown that the body needs to repair, so maybe he will only utilise 50g or whatever in a single sitting before the rest gets used for fuel. But an athlete who trains in the gym 3-5 times a week and is constantly tearing down his muscles for repair will leave his body desperate to utilise more protein to repair those muscles for the next time they are used.

Hence the increased protein synthesis that occurs from regular weight training and in turn, the increased metabolism.

would it hurt to throw in curls / dips once a week? or is it really possible to get big arms just through bench, rows, and reverse pulldowns

it is very possible to get big ripped arms w/ out doing any isolation movements.

would it hurt to throw in curls / dips once a week? or is it really possible to get big arms just through bench, rows, and reverse pulldowns

no it wouldnt hurt at all. As long as you dont go crazy and do7-8 sets of 3-4 different curls exercises.

Dips are actually good and could help you get stronger on bench and OHP. I would definately add them in.

That's the problem with people who are new to low volume routines, they start trying to add this and that exercise, do a few isolation movements for arms and "upper, inner chest" and add an extra day for just shoulders...and next thing you know they've completely bastardized probably the best routine they could have done and turned it into yet another shitty ass volume routine that will have them overtraining and they'll be in the same place a year from now wondering why they haven't gained in a year.

That's the problem with people who are new to low volume routines, they start trying to add this and that exercise, do a few isolation movements for arms and "upper, inner chest" and add an extra day for just shoulders...and next thing you know they've completely bastardized probably the best routine they could have done and turned it into yet another shitty ass volume routine that will have them overtraining and they'll be in the same place a year from now wondering why they haven't gained in a year.

Ok sir! So give me ur wisdom.

What routine would you recommend to get gains in strength and size. I am not a huge lifter at the moment, for e.g. bench barbel max probably 120-140lbs.....see what I mean? So I need to get stronger ASAP!

Top Bottom