Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how is this workout routine for gaining mass?

bentleychris23

this is the bosshog updated routine and i've been using it to gain mass, its a 3 day split that rotates between workout A and workout B and everything is done to failure and then increase weights every workout. how is this routine?

Workout A : Bench 4 sets for a total of 20 reps combined
Military Press: 4 sets for a total of 20 reps combined
Squats: 2 sets of a 15 reps combined

Workout B: Reverse Pulldowns 4 sets for a total of 20 reps combined
Bent Barbell Row 4 sets for a total of 20 reps combined
Deadlifts 2 sets of a 15 reps combined

this is the bosshog updated routine and i've been using it to gain mass, its a 3 day split that rotates between workout A and workout B and everything is done to failure and then increase weights every workout. how is this routine?

Workout A : Bench 4 sets for a total of 20 reps combined
Military Press: 4 sets for a total of 20 reps combined
Squats: 2 sets of a 15 reps combined

Workout B: Reverse Pulldowns 4 sets for a total of 20 reps combined
Bent Barbell Row 4 sets for a total of 20 reps combined
Deadlifts 2 sets of a 15 reps combined

by "4 sets for a total of 20 reps combined" do you mean 4 sets x 5 reps? If so, on the "2 sets of 15 reps combined" are you doing 1x8 then 1x7?

Looks like a low volume, higher frequency, basic routine focusing on compound lifts, Typically good for building mass, especially for hard gainers.

The other 80% of the equation is your diet. If you don't put the work in at the dinner table, you won't gain much and you'll burn out quicker.

Agree 100% with CEO. The routing looks good for a mass cycle. But bro you gotta feed big time with clean cals or you are gonna be dissapointed. Also you might wanna alternate the Dead Lifts with HEAVY rack pulls from your shins. I like to do that anyway and get gr8 results from it.
Good luck and it would be awsome if you were to put up a log bro!

no i think the author wrote that you do sets of 7, 5, 3, and 2...for 17 combined and then once you can do 7, 5, 4, 4 or something for a combination of 20 reps you bump the weight. and yeah i know it has a lot to do with diet. what are some good snacks to just munch on throughout the day in between meals for calories?

I think I would treat it more like a rest-paused set to failure or just before failure. Let the reps count themselves, and make the rep range 15-20, or even 12-20. But now I'm starting to turn it into more of a DC style routine. :D

Depends on how often you're having meals. I like to get in protein, so I'm looking for some beef, chicken or fish mainly. I also throw in a protein shake. When bulking I will take up to 3 shakes a day. Big shakes too. Like 80-90 grams of protein shakes.

these guys above are spot on. diet is very crucial when it comes to bulking.

a lot of clean carbs, cals minerals/vits and protein.. you need all with every meal. too many guys are scared to eat cals and carbs.. i'm not saying eat pizza hut or fast food.. a good example is chicken/brown rice//veggies/olive oil PWO. this is a staple of my PWO dinner. also when you get up a large breakfast, get those clean carbs in your body immediately, it makes a world of difference.. learn to make protein pancakes from scratch (look at the NTBM protein pancakes), or grab some organic waffles with honey.. you will be shocked at how much mass you gain when you up your carb/cal intake. check this out http://needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Protein-Products/NTBM-Protein-cakes-p47.html no soy or other crap in there, needto knows what he is doing...

For snacks,
Nuts but not penuts.
Hard boiled eggs.
PB&J sandwiches on multi or whole grain bread.
Meat and low or no fat cheese.
2% Cottage cheese.
Celery with natty penut butter on it.
NTBM or George Spellwin protein bars.

For snacks,
Nuts but not penuts.
Hard boiled eggs.
PB&J sandwiches on multi or whole grain bread.
Meat and low or no fat cheese.
2% Cottage cheese.
Celery with natty penut butter on it.
NTBM or George Spellwin protein bars.

Why not peanuts zed?

Typically they are one of the most pesticide ridden foods that you can buy. Also very often contaminated with a mold that I cant remember the name of right now. So I just buy Mixed Nuts with no peanuts.

Top Bottom