Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

home gym unit for shorties

getnfit06

I would in the future like to purchase some type of home gym. Preferable not too large or expensive and something that will fit "ME" and allow me at my 5' frame to do the exercises properly.
A couple years ago my husband got me a weider or marcy or something that has the major things on it, leg curls , pec dec, etc. But most of the exercises don't fit me right so I don't use it at all. I'm not going to risk injuring myself trying to do it when it just doesn't feel right.
My question is, does anyone know of a home gym that is adjustable enough to fit someone my size. I was hoping there were some more shorties on the board that could help me.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

getnfit06 said:
I would in the future like to purchase some type of home gym. Preferable not too large or expensive and something that will fit "ME" and allow me at my 5' frame to do the exercises properly.
A couple years ago my husband got me a weider or marcy or something that has the major things on it, leg curls , pec dec, etc. But most of the exercises don't fit me right so I don't use it at all. I'm not going to risk injuring myself trying to do it when it just doesn't feel right.
My question is, does anyone know of a home gym that is adjustable enough to fit someone my size. I was hoping there were some more shorties on the board that could help me.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at Body Solid.

What is the reason for the home gym? Is it because it is not cost effective for you to join a gym? My ex and I worked out at home for years so I am just askin because I am hopin to steer you in the right direction.

Well a family membership is pretty darn high at our ymca. And I would just rather do my thing here at home. Especially when My times to workout will either be really early or later or whenever i can fit it in. I'm not the type to want to work out with people watching and have to wait on equip. , etc.
And with three kids and major orthodontic expenses in our very near future I need to watch every cent :) !!

getnfit06 said:
Well a family membership is pretty darn high at our ymca. And I would just rather do my thing here at home. Especially when My times to workout will either be really early or later or whenever i can fit it in. I'm not the type to want to work out with people watching and have to wait on equip. , etc.
And with three kids and major orthodontic expenses in our very near future I need to watch every cent :) !!

Well now, that is good a reason as any!!! :heart:

My ex and I invested in a homegym and trained at home for bout 10 years. Everyone would complain that it was right in the middle of our living room when you first walked in. We politely told them to "go scratch"... 'cause they were outashape and we weren't. :)

getnfit06 said:
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An adjustable bench and an adjustable pair of dumbbells. Simple, fits all sizes, cheaper than a home gym, easy to hide, can do just about any exercise.....can't be beat.

Rebecca D

We had a set-up by Bodysmith (I believe the name was). Was a combination flat bench with changeable pull-downs, seated cables, preacher and legextenstion/flexion attachments. Also had dumbbells and olympic and french curl bars. It wasn't fancy but certainly served its purpose for bout 8 years or so.

i got one - but the pec dec isnt adjustable and the leg exention and curls work fine for me. aslo a smith machine but really dont use that too much.

as long as you got room for lunges and you have lots of dumbbells and a nice big hyuge mirror - save your money!

do you need help finding things to do wiht your dumbbells ? Do you have a bar and any plate weights - what else you got? You can work a routine around with the stuff you got - or at least only add minimal stuff to it.

i know of one brand thats good but its very expensive i cant remember it though. how much you llookin to spend?

lol new keyboard ltos of typos

well, back exercises, leg curls, leg ext. shoulders, etc.
Lunges and squats are great I know, but they bother my knees.
I'm been looking online at a body solid "powerline" BSG10X apparently sams club has it for just under $500. I think my parents have a mem.ship there.

Top Bottom