Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hip Impingement / arthritis...

Stryker1992

I am curious fellas...I have been struggling with arthritis in my hips the last 2 years. I already had one surgery. Range of motion is crap. I get about 100 degrees in hip flexibility....

I have pain. My x-ray shows a loss of cartilage and bone spurs. I have to look at treament inculding surgery again, cortizone shots, lubrucant injections or even resurfacing...

I am wondering if anyone esle here has gone through a simialr issue or maybe is currently. I am really struggling. I know they want me to stop training but I have said no way. I am only 38 years old!

help....

that suck.. first there maybe no other solution.. just wanted to throw it out there before i list a bunch of things that might help.. some are strange but they have worked for others.

what is your diet like?
have you ever gone gluten free?
have you ever gone grain free?
have you ever gone dairy free?

any of those might work.. but it might take up to two weeks to feel anything.. maybe longer.. definitely give that a shot.

also if you drink/eat any sugar cut that out and see if it helps.

IMO diet will be your best noninvasive shot at fixing it. it might cause you to lose weight/muscle especially at first but it will be worth it in the long run

after that cover the basics like super hydration 24/7
high dose glucosamine
cissus
fish oil

massages
self myofascial release.. especially lower back / it band
yoga
meditation

sorry to go all hippy in some ways but they all have their place in certain situations. again I would check diet first.. maybe do a 30 day paleo diet. dont dismiss the diet as fad or marketing gimmick even though there are bits and pieces in there.. also dont worry to much about the science or the crap that might make no sense .. just follow it.. follow it to remove grains from your diet and see if it helps your hip.. not your strength, cardio, health, skin, f all that.. just try to fix the hip

if you need some help tracking down resources for any of that from the yoga to the diet feel free to let me know.. hopefully some of this helps somewhat.. maybe even fixes it fully..

that suck.. first there maybe no other solution.. just wanted to throw it out there before i list a bunch of things that might help.. some are strange but they have worked for others.

what is your diet like?
have you ever gone gluten free?
have you ever gone grain free?
have you ever gone dairy free?

any of those might work.. but it might take up to two weeks to feel anything.. maybe longer.. definitely give that a shot.

also if you drink/eat any sugar cut that out and see if it helps.

IMO diet will be your best noninvasive shot at fixing it. it might cause you to lose weight/muscle especially at first but it will be worth it in the long run

after that cover the basics like super hydration 24/7
high dose glucosamine
cissus
fish oil

massages
self myofascial release.. especially lower back / it band
yoga
meditation

sorry to go all hippy in some ways but they all have their place in certain situations. again I would check diet first.. maybe do a 30 day paleo diet. dont dismiss the diet as fad or marketing gimmick even though there are bits and pieces in there.. also dont worry to much about the science or the crap that might make no sense .. just follow it.. follow it to remove grains from your diet and see if it helps your hip.. not your strength, cardio, health, skin, f all that.. just try to fix the hip

if you need some help tracking down resources for any of that from the yoga to the diet feel free to let me know.. hopefully some of this helps somewhat.. maybe even fixes it fully..

Well..I appreciate the info. I use glutamine, forged joint repair and a few other items...fish oil. I had an xray and there is cearly issues there. I am looking into an advnaced clinic that injects lubr into the hip...

I have an mri next week...:worried:

that sucks... i wouldnt change anything before the mri. however in the mean time i would search google for "gluten arthritis" tons of stuff to read. id give it a shot it is one thing to do that is simple and may make a huge change. You can also do it with whatever other therapy or what not they suggest.

Good Luck

Bro,

I am sorry to hear about your issue but i also have arthritis and issues with my hip due to a leg lock with a idiot i was training with. I would recommend you get some MSM powder. I got mine from vitamin shoppe locally. Just take about 2Tbs of it a day and you will see a major difference within the first 2 days

Top Bottom