Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help for my mom

weallhaveourday

Hi ladies...
I am hoping someone will be able to advice me as to what my dear old mom :heart: can use to help loose weight. I live in the UK and she is in South Africa, she has started doing gym, cardio based, but is desperate to loose weight. She is by no means masively over weight, but, she did add a few pounds after the death of my father 2 years ago. I was thinking hydroxycut or something, obviously anything that cant be bought over the counter isnt a option for her.:verygood:
Ephadrine was a thought as well?
Her diet is pretty good now, eating salads etc but she does need to drink more water.
Yr advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi weallhaveourday~
Welcome to EF!! I can't answer your question on the hydroxycut but if you stick around, there are plenty of knowledge individuals here that will help.
Good luck:heart:

Hi ladies...
I am hoping someone will be able to advice me as to what my dear old mom :heart: can use to help loose weight. I live in the UK and she is in South Africa, she has started doing gym, cardio based, but is desperate to loose weight. She is by no means masively over weight, but, she did add a few pounds after the death of my father 2 years ago. I was thinking hydroxycut or something, obviously anything that cant be bought over the counter isnt a option for her.:verygood:
Ephadrine was a thought as well?
Her diet is pretty good now, eating salads etc but she does need to drink more water.
Yr advice would be greatly appreciated
I have to assume that your mom is at least 40 years old. Something you need to keep in mind is that anything that you buy OTC is either worthless, or will have other side effects and probably will impact any other medications she's taking. Anything containing ephedra, for example, doesn't just suppress appetite, it has a stimulating effect to the whole metabolism and shouldn't be taken by people who have preexisting health problems (heart problems, certain metabolic disorders or blood pressure problems, in particular).

And another thought, if she only just started going to the gym, tell her to hang in there, give it time. A lot of changes can happen through patience and persistence, a good diet and regular exercise.

Thanks for the replies.... i do agree with what u say about taking supplements. My mom is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG gone 40 :worried: past 55 if i have to take educated guess:D
She used to be a hottie :stilleto: in her day and was in shape until my dad passed away. She is real down on the amount of weight that she has put on, i told her i would ask if there was something that could help, either phsycological or for real. I did tell her its pointless taking anything till she has commited to hitting the gym with out fail. I have been trying to get her out the house for a year now, hard work with me being a million miles away, so i am over the moon she is doing this now and want to do what i can to keep her motivated.

Your Mom needs to have a good diet. Even if she takes any supplements to aid her lose the weight, she still needs to get her diet in check.
First, I'm hoping you want her to be healthy. One of the reasons some people gain weight is as a result of unhealthy eating.
2nd, if she uses agents to lose weight without a good diet, that means the weight will come back once she stops and she'll be yo-yo-ing for all her life.
In addition, if your mother is older, I would certainly not suggest ephadrine or any other stimulants.

If you can post your mother's age, what she eats and drinks throughout the day and the time, would be very helpful.

That's great you're having her get out of the house and do some exercise. If she's not used to exercising, she can start by taking long brisk walk. I'd think a gym (if she's never been to one) will only turn her off (for now)
Baby steps!!

If you can post your mother's age, what she eats and drinks throughout the day and the time, would be very helpful.

Thandie is correct. The secret to her success will lie in what she eats or does not eat.
As for drinks. Water and green tea are about all I have. Simple and healthy!

another tip is to have her keep a log on fitday.com

RADAR

Hi, this is the reply from my mom with her details and diet etc
Right my age................ 60 years weight.............. 72 Kl Height about 5 ft 3ins
I usually have a toasted slice of whole wheat bread in the morning with coffee, milk - no sugar
Lunch we have a hearty salad
Evening - some times pasta, biscuits with cheese and tomatio, or perhaps chicken and cold slaw - nothing huge.
I don't drink much - perhaps 500 ml water a day!
She wouldlike to loose 10kg. She is going to a woman only gym with only resistance equipment. It sounds like a
good 40min cardio work out with a fast pace.
Thanks for your advice again

Hi, this is the reply from my mom with her details and diet etc
Right my age................ 60 years weight.............. 72 Kl Height about 5 ft 3ins
I usually have a toasted slice of whole wheat bread in the morning with coffee, milk - no sugar
Lunch we have a hearty salad
Evening - some times pasta, biscuits with cheese and tomatio, or perhaps chicken and cold slaw - nothing huge.
I don't drink much - perhaps 500 ml water a day!
She wouldlike to loose 10kg. She is going to a woman only gym with only resistance equipment. It sounds like a
good 40min cardio work out with a fast pace.
Thanks for your advice again

Hi-
Ok, 158 lbs! She's obviously not getting enough calories, so this will be challenging for her. She doesn't have to get this over night, but rather make small changes in order to have a healthy, balanced, more nutritious diet.

She's having 3 meals a day, but most likely she's having a snack here and there. Most people do, but don't consider even a glass of juice as a snack. Considering that, it should be more manageable.

She needs to revamp her metabolism, so she'll need to start with 4 small meals a day of whole foods. Again, she lives is South Africa, therefore I'm not sure of the most available grains and vegetables there. Well, I don't mean available, but what that culture is accustomed to eat most.

Example:
Meal #1 1/2 cup Oatmeal or (cream of wheat is she doesn't like oatmeal and is not gluten intolerable) Maybe another grain.
3 scrambled egg whites or cooked any way she likes (except fried)

#2 about 15 almonds and 1/2 apple.

#3 Grilled/baked chicken or turkey, or tuna fish, or lean beef with a salad and 1/2 cup of brown rice.

#4 Fish and vegetables.

Within a week or so, she can add another small meal, to 5. It's usually not easy for someone her age to add a lot more food, so is best to add it slowly. If she starts with 4 meals, she'll get hungrier as a result of her increased metabolic rate.
Drink lots of water and green tea to flush her system. This will help her lose weight as well.

NO sugar, pasta, bread, processed foods.
She can get rid of her carb/processed food cravings by having less and less.
If she was having toast everyday, she can have it 4 times a week the firs week, the 3, then 2...etc. Untill she's having whole foods daily.
Challenging, but she can do it and I promise you, it will work.

Let me know if she has any questions..

Top Bottom