Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have muscles now covered in fat still!

curvymommy

Cuddle Club
Platinum
This post is also in the other forum but I just need some guidance here. My diet is pretty good and I have followed Tatyana's info about diet and BMR but really need to clean it up. I get a lot of great quality food in. Enough protien, healthy fats, veggies, ect. Also some crap that is holding me back.

I really want to lose fat. I have done really well reshaping my body with weight lifting. Thrilled with the results so far. I can see my muscles and I work out really hard lifting heavy as well as cardio.

I've been doing this with my reps:

12, 10, 8, 6, 12, 12 (different exercise same muscle group)

The heaviness of my weights increases and I go back down on the last 12's but still to near failure almost always. I get sore but I love it.

Anyway, I've got a great foundation but it's all covered up by fat still.
Sun-Cardio
Mon-Lowerbody
Tues-Cardio
Wed-Upperbody
Thurs-Cardio
Fri-Lowerbody
Sat-Yoga or rest

So, today I asked one of the trainers at the gym what to do to lose fat and he suggested circut training. He's a boxer and he showed me some stuff. Basically, the idea is to keep moving and sweating while lifting weights and doing some more complex moves inbetween reps using higher reps with lighter weight. Hence, burning more calories. He showed me a lunge/squat/press move with a medicine ball, ect.

I am having a friendly competition with a girlfriend who has the almost exact same stats as me to see who can lose the most pounds + inches in the month of March.

I wanna do it healthy of course! Nothing stupid. No low carbing it, ect. Just ordered Lipoflame on Monday.

Any thoughts on where to start with the circuit stuff to lose fat? Other ideas to revamp things?

Replying to myself here, lol. I just wanted to make it clear that I know my diet sucks. I really need to clean that bad boy up. I better start writing things down and getting militant about it. Starting tomorrow I'm gonna write down all of my consumption again or use fitday.com.

Anyway, I'm on it :lmao: This post is totally to myself can you tell? lol

Recording your diet is the absolute single best way to really see where the sabotage is coming from.

Fitday is there, it's free.

My favorite is calorie king, because I have so many allergies and eat things that are just not in common databases so a high priority for me was ease of inputting custom foods. Unfortunately, they got REALLY frigging expensive. I ended up paying $45 to download the desktop software and I'm content with that. It allows me to record food, exercise, and set targets for protein/carb/fat. Totally worth it for the convenience factor for me.

There was another cool (and free) internet food diary that I really liked. I actually created a thread about it in this forum. Unfortuantely, the site itself went belly up, however, it's running on autopilot until at least 2013 and they hadn't had problems with it to that point. There are even chat forums that operate in conjunction with the food diary. They have this little free community of theirs, kind of funny.

Gymgurl said:
Sounds like diet.....clean eating....cut the crap woman lololol :heart:
Thanks Gymgurl.

My calculated BMR is 1520 then with my workouts creating a 300 (?) calorie deficit if there are 3500 calories in a pound of stored BF I should be able to lose weight over time. Right?

ugh, I better go study Tatyana's posts again! But I KNOW the key is clean eating. So, I have the basic idea. Like you said, Cut the crap!
lol

curvymommy said:
This post is also in the other forum but I just need some guidance here. My diet is pretty good and I have followed Tatyana's info about diet and BMR but really need to clean it up. I get a lot of great quality food in. Enough protien, healthy fats, veggies, ect. Also some crap that is holding me back.

I really want to lose fat. I have done really well reshaping my body with weight lifting. Thrilled with the results so far. I can see my muscles and I work out really hard lifting heavy as well as cardio.

I've been doing this with my reps:

12, 10, 8, 6, 12, 12 (different exercise same muscle group)

The heaviness of my weights increases and I go back down on the last 12's but still to near failure almost always. I get sore but I love it.

Anyway, I've got a great foundation but it's all covered up by fat still.
Sun-Cardio
Mon-Lowerbody
Tues-Cardio
Wed-Upperbody
Thurs-Cardio
Fri-Lowerbody
Sat-Yoga or rest

So, today I asked one of the trainers at the gym what to do to lose fat and he suggested circut training. He's a boxer and he showed me some stuff. Basically, the idea is to keep moving and sweating while lifting weights and doing some more complex moves inbetween reps using higher reps with lighter weight. Hence, burning more calories. He showed me a lunge/squat/press move with a medicine ball, ect.

I am having a friendly competition with a girlfriend who has the almost exact same stats as me to see who can lose the most pounds + inches in the month of March.

I wanna do it healthy of course! Nothing stupid. No low carbing it, ect. Just ordered Lipoflame on Monday.

Any thoughts on where to start with the circuit stuff to lose fat? Other ideas to revamp things?

Sounds great CM but have you ever thought of splitting your workouts?

this is what i was thinking, it has worked for me so far...let me know what you think

1st: as the other girls stated diet diet diet get that on check

2nd:

1st week this is your previous work out btw

Sun-Cardio
Mon-Lowerbody
Tues-Cardio
Wed-Upperbody
Thurs-Cardio
Fri-Lowerbody
Sat-Yoga or rest

2nd week

No cardio on leg day

Mon-legs/back circuit work out 60sec rest in between 20-25 reps/3sets

Tues-Am...Chest/shoulders/triceps/biceps circuit 60sec rest 20-25 reps/3sets
Pm Cardio....20min HIIT

Wed-Am..60min cardio
Pm...Yoga

Thurs-Legs/back dont be afraid to stack those plates 4-5 sets 8-10 reps

Frid-Am...Chest/shoulders triceps/biceps again low reps 8-10... 4 sets here
Pm....Cardio 20min HIIT

Saturday...OFF ... Relax and enjoy your day off ....you have to mentally prepare for the following week

Repeat week 1
Repeat week 2

Make sure you eat lots of proteins/veggies and fruits
and water lots of it

Hope this helps

Top Bottom