Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

H S T, Say What? Thread

TheOak84 said:
well i mean, i took the 9 days off, i knew deep down the hst routine would alter my strength, but i also knew it would come back 10x faster, so i wasnt worried, i jsut lost a lil power, but easily gained it back.

i really dont know what some people are worried out, its not that big of a deal if u get a lil weaker. so one week u max out at 315, u start hst, gain 8 pounds, and ur max will most likely stay the same or go a lil lower.. i personally think its worth it. u gotta give to get sometimes, even in the gym.

and in the bedroom

I gotcha!!

I think it has great principles and sounds great. I am deffinatly goign to try it, and who knows I might fall in love. I dont have any "pride issue" in the gym, so I dont care what people are thinkin or anything, its all about gains to me, and if it works!! GREAT

But I understand how this is deffinatly not somthing for strength, but more of LBM gains!!!! which is awesome for me, cuz that is my focus right now! HA

got a question for anyone that might know though,

Do you really think AAS would be a good idea, (cuz its not geared for strength gains, so why take it on a HST cycle?)
and what the hell are the Negs about in the routine??? still trying to figure that out..thanx

P eace!

InTraining said:
9 days will do something to my strength but I don't really care...it's not the weight I am moving that matters to me it's the growth....

However eating the same with 9 days of no lifting as I would when lifting will be a challenge:)

so ur gonna stick with hst then?

i wouldnt do 2 cycles in a row, i tried but it was boring.

ill eventually do one again

TheOak84 said:
so ur gonna stick with hst then?

i wouldnt do 2 cycles in a row, i tried but it was boring.

ill eventually do one again

Yeh I will be giving HST a try in the near future...most likely a few weeks or a month as I am still making gains with my current program...also I want to get my conditioning up(I know I will be deconditioned after the 9 days but I still want to get a higher work capacity per session) as I am not used to full body workouts...though I still do a fair bit of volume per week...

I could see how the mechanic style of lifting with 2-3 second negatives and higher reps would get old ....5-10 lbs of LBM gain is not too shabby though!

TRUEsoldier said:
I gotcha!!

I think it has great principles and sounds great. I am deffinatly goign to try it, and who knows I might fall in love. I dont have any "pride issue" in the gym, so I dont care what people are thinkin or anything, its all about gains to me, and if it works!! GREAT

But I understand how this is deffinatly not somthing for strength, but more of LBM gains!!!! which is awesome for me, cuz that is my focus right now! HA

got a question for anyone that might know though,

Do you really think AAS would be a good idea, (cuz its not geared for strength gains, so why take it on a HST cycle?)
and what the hell are the Negs about in the routine??? still trying to figure that out..thanx

P eace!

in some study i read, negatives promote 80% of the muscle growth the positive is about 5-10%. i could be wrong about this. but thats why 2 strict, progressive and frequent sets promotes muscle growth. i used 3 second negatives on all sessions. they were hard to get used to, seeing i never used to train like that, but still do now. not on warmup sets but on work sets yes.

but did u ever see the guy in the gym who benches 225 for 3x10 every monday, and has been doin that weight for 2 years.. some days he gets 3x12 some 3x8. but always uses 225. and he bounces that shit like hes the man. then u say to him, 'hey man, y dont u try like, 185 or 205 for a 2 nice sets of 8-10 with some better more controlled form' hes like fuck that, thats too easy of course i can do that..

well hes a jerk whos gonna get no where, so fuck him.

or the guy who does flat/incline/flat db/incline db/decline/incline flies/and pec deck and doesnt gain shit either... hes the guy that wears the diego tee and the JT bucket hat and cargo pants, and a gallon of dolce and gabana. hes like, i need flat for my lower chest, incline for my upper chest, decline again for my lower, flies to hit every angle of my chest. and his chest looks like a piece of drywall.

sorry for the rant.. lol

TheOak84 said:
in some study i read, negatives promote 80% of the muscle growth the positive is about 5-10%. i could be wrong about this. but thats why 2 strict, progressive and frequent sets promotes muscle growth. i used 3 second negatives on all sessions. they were hard to get used to, seeing i never used to train like that, but still do now. not on warmup sets but on work sets yes.

but did u ever see the guy in the gym who benches 225 for 3x10 every monday, and has been doin that weight for 2 years.. some days he gets 3x12 some 3x8. but always uses 225. and he bounces that shit like hes the man. then u say to him, 'hey man, y dont u try like, 185 or 205 for a 2 nice sets of 8-10 with some better more controlled form' hes like fuck that, thats too easy of course i can do that..

well hes a jerk whos gonna get no where, so fuck him.

or the guy who does flat/incline/flat db/incline db/decline/incline flies/and pec deck and doesnt gain shit either... hes the guy that wears the diego tee and the JT bucket hat and cargo pants, and a gallon of dolce and gabana. hes like, i need flat for my lower chest, incline for my upper chest, decline again for my lower, flies to hit every angle of my chest. and his chest looks like a piece of drywall.

sorry for the rant.. lol

Funny shit bro, and yes I have seen those idiots, and all I can do is shake my head, and pitty them! but like you said fuck em, if they dont want to learn...

Also I just read more of the FAQ's on HST and understand the whole negs now! LOL ha, what ya know, read and you can awnser your own questions...crazy concept huh...I'm an idiot some times, (most of the time;) )

TRUEsoldier said:

Why take it? The reason everybody else does. With HST it'd make for sick growth.

Hey Debaser, how many cycles of HST have you done in the past, and what were your gains like? LBM I'm especially interested in.

I don't really preach HST anymore. I figure the results speak for themselves. If someone is open-minded and wants to give it a go, welcome aboard and I'll help set it up.

Just for the record, I never said hst is the only thing that works. Quite the opposite, it is precisely BECAUSE so many different things work that so many programs exist.

If somebody needs help understanding the program or getting it set up, right on. But if somebody isn't going to try the program for any given reason, I'm not going to chase a convert. I just don't care.

Top Bottom