Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

H S T, Say What? Thread

You're missing my point. Let's use your sushi example: Let's say I don't like rice and seaweed - throw up everytime I try it, however I don't mind raw fish. Now, even though I like raw fish, eating sushi would not be something I would volunteer to eat b/c of the rice and seaweed. Same principles here. I've tried the low volume, frequency approach and got diddly squat from it, however I lift lifiting. But even though I like lifting, I would not volunteer to try HST, based on the avoe reasons ... a little clearer? If not, let me know.

I wonder how many people actually get their diet/sleeping pattern/etc together immediately before starting a new program. Then, when the gains coming (mostly b/c they started eating correctly and getting enough rest), they claim its the program. A magic program. I can see that, b/c when someone recommends a program that has all this 'science' behind it, one might be inclined to fix the rest of their BB-life up to get the most out of it ... just a thought. Anyway, again, if it works for you guys awesome. Pump on.

BOOEY said:
You're missing my point. Let's use your sushi example: Let's say I don't like rice and seaweed - throw up everytime I try it, however I don't mind raw fish. Now, even though I like raw fish, eating sushi would not be something I would volunteer to eat b/c of the rice and seaweed. Same principles here. I've tried the low volume, frequency approach and got diddly squat from it, however I lift lifiting. But even though I like lifting, I would not volunteer to try HST, based on the avoe reasons ... a little clearer? If not, let me know.

Just because you were training frequently with low volume doesn't necessarily mean you'll do well. Totally ignoring diet, I'll assume you had that in check:

1. Did you use strategic deconditioning?
2. Did you focus on progressive loading?

Those are integral to the program.

I did a dry run of HST tonight in terms of the exercises I am going to use and sets etc....and whoa this is new for me...I need my work capacity to improve but otherwise I had a great workout...

Probably going to test my maxes starting monday....

If by strategic deconditioning you mean a week-9days off after finding the maxes, no I didn't. Progressive loading, yes. I started off with light weights, higher reps and progressively increased each week. Maybe a little quicker than the three weeks HST advises, but pretty close.

BOOEY said:
If by strategic deconditioning you mean a week-9days off after finding the maxes, no I didn't. Progressive loading, yes. I started off with light weights, higher reps and progressively increased each week. Maybe a little quicker than the three weeks HST advises, but pretty close.

The deconditioning is essential to the program. Without it, all of the lighter weights are doing nothing for growth.

Debaser I know it's a little early to ask but how do you like HST compared with stuff you have done in the past? This is your first HST cycle right?

taking 9 days off from lifting wont do shit to ur strenght, my friend stopped working out to run a marathon, he lost 25 pounds, he didnt train with weights for 3 months. we just worked out a week ago, his max on the bench and squat were the same. acutally his dead and squat went up. i mean, he lost bf, and is trimmer, but strenght is the same. so, ya, 9 days wont do shit. for real

TheOak84 said:
taking 9 days off from lifting wont do shit to ur strenght, my friend stopped working out to run a marathon, he lost 25 pounds, he didnt train with weights for 3 months. we just worked out a week ago, his max on the bench and squat were the same. acutally his dead and squat went up. i mean, he lost bf, and is trimmer, but strenght is the same. so, ya, 9 days wont do shit. for real

I think the better way to put that was "taking 9 days off might not do shit to your strength!"

some people lose strength fast, so to say it wont for anyone, is bullshit

I envy your friend

Peace

TRUEsoldier said:
I think the better way to put that was "taking 9 days off might not do shit to your strength!"

some people lose strength fast, so to say it wont for anyone, is bullshit

I envy your friend

Peace

well i mean, i took the 9 days off, i knew deep down the hst routine would alter my strength, but i also knew it would come back 10x faster, so i wasnt worried, i jsut lost a lil power, but easily gained it back.

i really dont know what some people are worried out, its not that big of a deal if u get a lil weaker. so one week u max out at 315, u start hst, gain 8 pounds, and ur max will most likely stay the same or go a lil lower.. i personally think its worth it. u gotta give to get sometimes, even in the gym.

and in the bedroom

9 days will do something to my strength but I don't really care...it's not the weight I am moving that matters to me it's the growth....

However eating the same with 9 days of no lifting as I would when lifting will be a challenge:)

Top Bottom