Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys... I got a problem, Please help :(

BigDogg

What's up guys, I'm really down over here and I need some help. Just last year, I was told that I have a pretty serious case of scoliosis w/ a 52% curve on the lower spine. They say 60% means it's time for surgery. Well, just yesterday, I was doing T-Bar w/ a moderately heavy weight, and I could've used a lift.... but i felt too pumped for one, so i did 6 nice reps by myself. Anyway, after leaving the gym, I felt this tremendous soreness in my lower spine/pelvic area. I still feel it today, and its pretty painful. I know I shouldn't be going heavy on these types of exercises do to my scoliosis, but I am so eager to compete soon, that i'm working extra hard, and it's hard to stop. Try stopping the only thing you love to do, and you'd know what I mean. So no flames guys, I just wanna know, is it at all possible that this happening could have made my scoiliosis worse, or did i just pull a muscle in my lower back or something?

Guys, please enlighten me, I was just getting ready to start using gear, and it'd be a shame to end everything now.
Thanks in advance all

I don't know if you should be taking advice from members on this board -- unless there are certified doctors here of course. I think this is something that should be left up to the experts -- if you are concerned, please go see a doctor. Better to be safe than sorry.

yeah... i know, ur right. Im just scared that im gonna hear somethin that i dont wanna hear. i'm gonna rest for a week or so and hopefully it'll be better, otherwise, off to the doc. thanks man

and if there are any certified doc's on the board that can help me out, pleas feel free. thanks guys

This is probably the wrong advice but...

I would keep training. Any time I've ever been injured, the depression I suffered from not being in the gym was worse than the actual physical problem. Of course, I don't know the degree of seriousness in your injury. You don't have to go balls-to-the-wall, but at least some type of cardio or light weights would keep you feeling better and mentally positive. That's as much of a key in healing as anything.

Now, if it's so bad that you cannot move then go see a doc but it sounds like to me you've pulled a muscle in your lower back which is very easy to do with T-bar rows (I've done it more than once unfortunately).

Best of luck.

GenetiKing said:

I would keep training. Any time I've ever been injured, the depression I suffered from not being in the gym was worse than the actual physical problem. Of course, I don't know the degree of seriousness in your injury. You don't have to go balls-to-the-wall, but at least some type of cardio or light weights would keep you feeling better and mentally positive. That's as much of a key in healing as anything.

Now, if it's so bad that you cannot move then go see a doc but it sounds like to me you've pulled a muscle in your lower back which is very easy to do with T-bar rows (I've done it more than once unfortunately).

Best of luck.

Thanks for the advice man, i'm almost 100% positive it was from the t-bar. i just got one of those crazy pumps and went at it, it was fukkin awesome:) ...until i got out of the gym anyway. i'm probably gonna take ur advice and just keep everything a little lighter than usual. im just glad i didnt start my cycle yet:fro: :eek:

Thanks again. Peace

I agree with GK. If it hurts that bad see a doctor. i know the feeling. I have terrible knees and really should have an MRI done but I know its something I dont want to hear so i train accordingly. Just becarful. I know you dont want to stop but its better than not being able to anything ever again.

GO SEE A DOCTOR.... trust me.

In high school I started having pain in my low back while I was playing baseball, but I dismissed it as sore muscles. I didnt want to go see a doctor because I thought that if I went, the doctor would tell me that I couldnt play ball, and that could compromise my chances of getting a scholarship (at the time USC, UCLA and a few others had shown some interest in me). Anyway, I kept playing until it hurt too bad to ignore. After going to the doctor I found out that I had 2 stress fractures and had to spend 3 months in a body cast...and I couldnt play baseball for like a year. The doctor said if I had come in earlier, it couldve been treated much faster. SO learn from my experience and go see a doctor.......if your lucky and its just a muscle injury you could even get the doctor to write you a perscription to get massages and ultrasound, which isreally nice

GenetiKing said:

Best of luck.
anyone and I mean anyone with any sort of spinal condition such as what you have and even to the point of what I have( I have a bone spur on my c5 from a clean fracture when I was younger) when they feel pain in that area especially from physical exertion should go to their doctor immediately. That is the only advice I have to you.

Now Genetiking I am not trying to flame you or anything but HUH!!! telling someone with scoliosis that is experiencing pain in that area from lifting to keep on lifting even with you putting your ending disclaimer on it is wrong. This is a man who is telling you that he loves this sport that he wants to compete and is already afraid to go to the doctor because he doesnt want bad news. Tell you what dont ever go into physical therapy or personal training you would put alot of people in wheel chairs.

Abbaddon said:
Tell you what dont ever go into physical therapy or personal training you would put alot of people in wheel chairs.

:FRlol:

Thanks for the career advice.

Can you help me with my stock portfolio next?

Top Bottom