Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grilling meals in advance

miked8c

Does anyone do this? I am a lifeguard and am able to eat on the job so of course I do so. I try to eat 6-7 meals a day however all to often I only make it to about 4-5.

I want to ditch the cold cuts deli meats and switch to meals like chicken and steak that I could keep in a cooler and munch on throughout the day. However I could grill them up the night before.

Chicken is cheap, nutritious and I have the opportunity to buy it in bulk. Ideally I would like the meals centered around it, however any ideas are welcome.

Any personal favorites for cooked meals that can be eaten later, please post.

depending on my plans i will cook off a whole batch of chicken breast in one night for my week. although i eat absolute plain as fuck. chicken breast, ground bison (way better than beef, actually leaner than chicken) ground turkey, ww pastas veg, and combo of the for-mentioned and a shit load of that hotsauce with the green lid and the rooster on it.. damn spicy stuff

I have heard great things about Bison. Its funny you mentioned it because earlier this week someone was trying to convince me how it was better than steak.

So what exactly do you do? You cook it up and eat cold right? What is green lid and rooster, I want something to top my meals with other than Franks Red Hot.

The Stew: Sriracha faces off against sambal oelek and chili garlic sauce

these 3. i have them all. i also eat half the franks hot sauce then refill the bottle with tabasco for the franks flavor and a little added kick.

Health Benefits From Bison Meat | The Short Runner

here is a good read on bison meat. pretty short, and has a little graph to compare it to other animals directly. notice the cals!! i just get ground bison and use it just like beef or a tenderloin and cut up and cook just like steaks.

hmmm, another thing i make is fresh ginger, peeled garlic cloves and fresh chilis blended into a paste with some extra virgin olive oil. adds some nice kick to say a meat sauce or something. i eat shit loads of avacados. ill chop em up and stick em on anything. mash em up with a bit of lemon juice, i get pre chopped up jalapenos and garlic ( so they are super tiny pieces) some cumin,salt, fresh cilantro, and a lil bit of cream cheese and i dip just bout anything in that. my gf eats nacho chips, ill use it for veggies mostly but ive dipped chicken breast, toast, ive even made a tomato soup, put some nacho chips in the soup, some shredded cheese, a few chunks of that dip and a bid chunk os sour cream on top.... thats a cheat day meal tho... cuz i always use premade salty as fuck tomato soup

Damn man, you seem to got your sht down. I was thinking simpler meals on the go but those are great things I could make in advance and use them on the stuff I grill.

yeah i like to premake all my meats for a few days, sometimes even large batches of pastas/rice. an then i just make some dips, sauces anything for flavor in a large batch an use it till its gone.. i spent some time workin in fine dining restaurants when i was younger

aside from the actual lifting of weights, diet is more important than anything else and if u dont enjoy eating or are bored of your meals it sure makes things hard

I do all the time. Hotel living for the past few months... Grill chicken, steak and pork chops... let them cool then i freeze them ..... tastes like fresh off grill food every time....

From my Droid

So you guys cook them and then freeze them. Do you just eat them cold or do you reheat them before you eat?

All of the above! I only freeze I know wont stay good in the fridge for more than 3 or 4 days. If I have something to warm it up, I will if not, I will eat it cold. Oh and if you don't got a forman cooker get one they are the bomb :biggrin:

Top Bottom