Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Front Squat, Push Press, Military Press- Form?

ark94

Alright, so im videoing my lifts more often now. Should i make just one big thread called "Form Check" and post the videos in there, rather than keep on making new threads everyday?

On my military press, reason i "rerack" it onto my shoulders is because its harder. the guy that helps me, said i should be reracking it because once you get into heavier weights, its like the same concept as bouncing out of the bottom of the squat. You won't be able to bounce the weight up, so practice pressing from a dead stop, and in the long run it will help you get stronger. Insight on this? He did say a bit more about it, but i forget lol, was a bit tuned out.

Push Press, i know i need to work on my explosiveness, but with my military AND ppush press i found that my arms are not going way to far back as much as before, they still are but not AS far as before.

Front Squats my back still rounds a little, but i liked doing them. Only thing is my wrists fucking killed after each set, but it didn't hurt while i was holding the weight there, only after when i racked it. Is that a normal hurting feeling at first? or what i holding it wrong?

Anything about the lifts is great, just looking to fix my form. Thanks EF!

Front Squat - YouTube - Front Squats - (115lb.u).wmv

Push Press - YouTube - Push Press - form check.wmv

Military Press - YouTube - Military Press - (85lb.u).wmv

BTW, shaved my head hahha

I'm no front squat master, but to me they looked great, nice and deep:) On both push press and military press I still don't know why you are pushing the weight backwards so far:confused: I mean do you see what I am talking about? You must be hyperflexible or something in your shoulders because all you need is to push it straight up, no need to go back like that.

I'm no front squat master, but to me they looked great, nice and deep:) On both push press and military press I still don't know why you are pushing the weight backwards so far:confused: I mean do you see what I am talking about? You must be hyperflexible or something in your shoulders because all you need is to push it straight up, no need to go back like that.

Hahah im working on the weight going back. found out the main reason why is because i have such long arms, so my levers are different. Some people push it too far forward, or to far back (me) and im working on it. though i can definitely tell it is inching forward more and more, hopefully ill get to the point where its going to be pressed into a straight line soon.

Your front squat form looks amazing bro. Even on the reps that seemed a little tough, you kept your form really good.

Push Press- why are you still starting with it on your shoulders like that after every rep? You're compromising the motion the bar is supposed to go in.
- I think that's your problem. Look at the 4:50 mark in your push press. You barely took the bar off of your shoulders, and you changed the ROM of the bar because of it. Some reps looked good to me though

Sorry, don't have time to look at military atm but i'll check it out later.

I guess Im just a bit confused as to why you bring your elbows up after you finish a rep on military like you were doing cleans or something. When I do standing military the second the bar touches my chest I go right back up for the next rep. JMO

I would quit racking the bar on your shoulders like an olympic lifter on every rep of presses and resting there for so long...

I would quit racking the bar on your shoulders like an olympic lifter on every rep of presses and resting there for so long...

i don't like to rack it on my shoulders at all. i was trying it out again, i have been normally though just going down and up.

Question on the push press, aaron showed me that the way to push press it was i had to rack it first, then explode. I assume i don't have to rack it, just have it on the normal place then explode back up again? Make sense? Just like the military press except have that explosion in it?

Top Bottom