Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Foods to eat to stay lean

sessa

I posted this in the girls section, but I am sure lots of men don't go there, so I thought I would post it here.

I wanted to start a thread to post some foods that people have come across that are low cals or great for dieting.

1. Shirataki Noodles

Shirataki noodles were originally developed in Asia, but they have recently come to the attention of people around the world. Because these noodles are almost totally a beneficial type of fiber, they have almost no "bad" carbohydrates. There are some indications that they may have other health benefits as well.

How Shirataki Noodles Are Made:

Shirataki comes from the root of a plant (Amorphophallus Konjac, or a few other closely-related species) grown in various parts of Asia, and given many names in different places, including Konnyaku potato (or just konnyaku), konjac, konjaku, elephant yam (although as far as I can tell, they are not related to any other plant commonly called “yam”), and others. The fiber is also known as glucomannan.

Benefits of Shirataki Noodles:

There is some evidence that glucomannan, when tested as a powdered supplement, can play a role in blood sugar control, as well as improve cholesterol control and weight loss (see this report). It also contributes to fiber intake, and can be a substitute for starchy noodles.

2. Bragg Amino's

Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, that contains the following Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts.
Bragg Live Foods, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Liquid Aminos,Systemic Enzymes, Bragg Live Organic Food Products, Patricia Bragg, Paul Bragg, Bragg Organic Olive Oil, Bragg Salad Dressings, Bragg Seasonings, Bragg Health Products

3. PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter

Through a unique process created by Bell Plantation that does not involve the use of any chemicals nor does it alter nature's balance in peanuts; over 90% of the fat is removed from the peanut. Essentially the oil is squeezed out of roasted peanuts and what remains is a peanut powder. Two tablespoons of traditional peanut butter contains about 180 calories, while two tablespoons (approximately 12 grams) of PB2 powder, contains just 54 calories. PB2 also contains approximately 40% protein by weight.

*** You should be eating fat in your diet, but this is a nice alternative to the original high fat variety.

4. Davinci Sugar Free Syrups

Da Vinci Gourmet Sugar Free Syrups are available in over 40 flavors for use in coffee drinks, sodas, desserts, and more. SPLENDA® is extremely heat-stable and may be used in baking.

5. Wheat Bran

High in fiber. 1/2 cup has 20g carbs and 10g fiber.

I am sure I can think of some more later. Please share your secrets

NOTE: The Shirataki Noodles and Bragg Amino's can be purchased at Whole Foods.

The Davinci Sugar Free Syrups I buy from a local online store in canada.
Low Carb Products - Bars, Breads, Candy, Chocolate, Cookies, Snacks, Soups

They also sell the other stuff there as well.

The wheat bran I buy is quaker, can be purchased at any grocery store.

BTW, if you go to whole foods to buy the shirataki noodles they are usually sold out of the white kind cause I know sooo many people that go there on stock day and buy them all. But the ones with the black dots taste just the same, they have some seaweed in it but you can't taste it. They are $2.99/ large bag which is 2 small servings or 1 big one You can buy them by the case (12 bags) and you save 10% off.

6. Another great grain is Quinoa

1/2 cup cooked

127 cals
23.5g carbs, 2g fibre
2g fat
4.5g protein (only gain to have a complete protein source)

7. Allegro Cheese. I am not sure if this is just in Canada.

It is cheese that is only 4% fat.

30g

60 cals
1g fat
0g carbs
11g protein

8. Also, when I am dieting, i can't live without sugar free jell-o and spray butter on my veggies.

To feel like I am cheating I make a packet of sugar free cherry jell-o. Split into 2 portions.
I add 1 or 2 tbsp of sugar free yogurt on top with 1 splenda packet. It is a nice sweet treat.

9. When I am dieting I get a crazy sweet tooth, so besides the jell-o I love home made hot chocolates.

1 tsp of cocoa
3 splenda packs
tbsp milk

if you want to add variety, try adding cinnamon, coffee, or mint sugar free extract

I bought the walden farms alfredo sauce and it was HORRIBLE.......the syrup is awesome though! I'm about to try the jelly next.

These aren't foods but I will drink green tea and black coffee occasionally because they are zero calories. Red wine vinegar is also good on veggies it has no calories/fat/carbs/sugar/etc.....just a little sodium

For a nice late night snack I make casein protein ice cream.

1.5 scoop protein, 1/2 cup water, hand mix. Put in freezer for 1.5 hr.

Taste like ice cream. I need something sweet at night, this helps!

Or I make a shake with ice.

Top Bottom