Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First 'first date' in a long time, need some advice

px1138 said:
Alright, I really didn't want to post this, I was going to post under a different handle to save face, but ah who cares.

I am almost 21, just broke up with my girlfriend of 4.5 years (started dating her when I was 16) last month; we were in talks of marriage and everything, finally we both just snapped after to many arguments though. So I have been out of the dating circuit for a while, actually, I never was in it. I mean a 16 year old guy is never really too suave with the ladies.

OK, I met some really hot girl on my job (I do live computer technical support on campus), some how I got around to saying 'we should go out sometime', I didn't think she'd even respond, but she did "OK, when?" I said friday, blah blah blah, it caught me off guard.

Now the dilemna. I am really fucking nervous. I am to the point where I am considering calling her and telling her I can't make it. I'm afraid we will go out and it'll go really fucking bad, like we won't even be talking. I don't really party, ever, so I couldn't just take her to some social event so it's not like we are talking. SO dinner and a movie is pretty much the itinerary. Any advice from guys or ladies, on what to do on the first date, how to keep conversations going, and not feel awkward, or just general advice. thanks!

Well, you already had all the negative emotions of it going as bad as it possibly could, as if it HAD happened and gone that bad.

So having got that over with ahead of time, go enjoy yourself!!!

It can't go worse than you already imagined so you've already covered all the bases.

Realistically if it goes shit then that's that and so what? But if it goes well there's no way you'll look back and wish you had cancelled.

So what do you have to lose???

Personally I'd not want to date anyone who was NOT a bit nervous about a first date...they'd be far too overconfident and full of themselves for me, sweetie... :)

Good luck, please try it...i hope it is a very fun time for you...

love
helen

Whether or not you see her as somone you might want to get serious about or just get to know -- you gotta be friends w/ her first. Don't make it a big thing - just have fun and get to know her.

Top Bottom