Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fasted cardio

Roth753repper

Question about fasted cardio. Upon waking up in the morning to do this. Should I consume a protein shake or anything before or just jump in to it??
Thanks for any and all help.

I have always just jumped straight into fasted cardio the first few times are hard but once you get threw it you will enjoy it

I don't always do fasted cardio, but when I do, I make sure i consume ample BCAA's before I go.
Read somewhere that whey protein has a slight insulin response whereas BCAA's won't trigger insulin at all. You want to be in an insulin free environment for fasted cardio.

Thanks for the responses. I've been doing some reading on it and everybody recommends BCAA's before or during. I think I'm Going to give it a shot in the morning.

Question about fasted cardio. Upon waking up in the morning to do this. Should I consume a protein shake or anything before or just jump in to it??

The best results are from fasted cardio, so if you can do it - get it done in the AM (empty stomach).

I like to get up and go I used to do BCAA's before hand but just prefer to go completely empty. But then again all I do is walk for an hour so its not as bad as something as HIIT.

I do fasted cardio every morning. I have lost over 100lbs doing it and let me tell you at least in my opinion first of all you get by far the best results that way, and secondly the difference between fasted and eating prior is minimal if you have a good high protein diet the rest of the day.

What are you trying to do? Lose fat?

Cardio is really not needed for fat loss. Let the calorie deficit do it's job. Besides how much of an impact is 40 minutes on a treadmill burning 300 calories really gonna do?

So that leaves the option: high intensity cardio. Howver that requires a nice supply of glucose present. It simply can't use fatty acids fast enough. When fasted, your blood glucose is "low" - so you will bonk out fast.

Sure you can PUSH yourself - but you risk injury and you'll raise cortisol stress levels. That in itself will add more water weight and lower metabolism. Your body will start fighting you - not good.

Forget fasted "cardio" - you shouldn't do any cardio if your goal is fat loss. Just use weights, resistance training and perhaps some walking, etc. Make it a fun enjoyable experience.

Leave the hardcore high intensity stuff for when you're out of weight loss phase and can inject the carbs you need to give you the pump & energy at the gym.

Lyle Mcdonald has a great article on this at his website: bodyrecomposition.com The guy knows the body inside and out and i love reading his articles.

I personally do cardio 5-6 times a week every morning before breakfast and I have seen dramatic changes in my physique.

I do fasted cardio 7 days a week. 15 min HIIT, 15 min steady state upon waking. I have been following intermittent fasting and fast from morning till 2:00pm every day. On non training days I also do another half hour of cardio (same regimen - 15min HIIT, 15 min steady state) before I eat for the first time in a day for a total of one hour of fasted cardio.

This is when over 10% BF. I do think that as you drop you have to do things a bit smarter to avoid losing muscle but if you have some fat to spare fasted cardio is the best way to get rid of it.

Top Bottom