Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ducati Owners

r00+

Anyone own a 900SS? Do you like it? Any complaints or things you'd change.

I own a '96 748S, and will be picking up a 900SS this weekend, but if I know changes ahead of time I can just get it done before I pick it up.

Aha!!!!!! Finally another Ducatisti on the board!

First question, what year SS are you picking up? Handling-wise (and performance-wise), the 748 will run circles around the SS. I have seen some nice ones though.

Are you buying it as a track bike, road bike, etc.?

BPB, that's a very wise & intelligent statement (lol). There is only one other twin and one inline four that (in my opinion) are on the same plane as a Ducati 996 or the new Testrastretta 998. Those are the Aprilia Mille SP or R and the MV Agusta F4 Serie Oro.

Last edited:
So what are you buying the SS for? Actually, if you can find a MV Agusta Strada, their price is about the same as a 996 or a Mille R. It depends on the dealer.

Personally, I think my next bike will be a Mille R. I have a 98' 748 with an 855 (old style Pro Thunder) motor in it and a 95' ZX7R. The ZX7 is my track bike and the Duke is my poser bike. Next thing I need are G-Cams for the duke, bigger valves and a 60mm titanium JHP exhaust. You know how it is, do you buy jewelry for the Ducati or performance mods?

Anyways, how are those rocker arms treating you? I've already been through five and one exhaust cam.

Hehe

My 748's been through three so far. Jetting carbs out properly has been my biggest expense up to this point though...

RE: Cost
In San Fran, a place called Munroe Motors. Saw a new Agusta Oro (not the strada) for 35K.

The 900SS is completely stock (for now) and will run me 14K. Right now the only mods I have it scheduled for is some jhp tubes and lowering the bike 2 inches. Oh and a custom paint job....(flat black body with grey titanium rims)

Not mine

Friend of mine suggested I remove the injection system and replace with Vcarbs. That was back when I wasn't too savvy on bikes, kind of a big mistake.

But he also bored my valves out for me for free, which was a cool thing.

Top Bottom