Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drs and other pseudo knowledgable peeps...step inside pls

no...and Im really wondering if thats what it is and doesnt originate from the neck spasms OR a new filling changed my bite and it set it off

I do clench my teeth in my sleep but don't grind
this is exactly what i do. I have had TMJ in the past and it hurts like a motherfucker. i thought i had an ear infection or rotten teeth the pain was so bad. but, it was my jaw.
have it examined.

I am knot a doctor, but I've punched a lot of people in the jaw over the years, so I do know that the nerves that touch the back of your jaw could be causing this pain. Especially a possibility since you already have nerve issues in the area.

I have pt in a couple of hours and will be bringing it up there with my pt...and the dentist tomorrow...AND the fuckin ortho on thursday

fml

very funny pick

so...I'll be verifying it at the dentist tomorrow but the pt concurred with tmj ..and found a trigger point in my neck that set the pain off
the dentist called me back this afternoon and said it sounded like I needed a root canal..but she called me from home (her day off) and I guess doesn't remember she did xrays last week that didn't show anything

I'd almost prefer a bad tooth...at least that could be resolved fairly easily :(

Don't ferget the ear as a potential etiology. Ear and jaw share pain fibers on the hypoglossal nerve.

Here's my quick and dirty "it's 3 am and I have to call my attending jaw pain cheat sheet:

• Dental caries or abscess
• Sinusitis
• Temporal arteritis
• Trigeminal neuralgia
• Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome
• Migraine
• Sialadenitis (eg, parotitis)
• Sialolithiasis (salivary gland calculi)
• Otitis media
• Orbital or periorbital cellulitis
• Peritonsillar abscess
• Ludwig’s angina (retropharyngeal infection)
• Carotid artery dissection
• Glossopharyngeal neuralgia
• Atypical facial pain
• Postherpetic neuralgia
• Bruxism (teeth grinding)
• Dental misalignment
• Acoustic neuroma
• Trauma
• Glaucoma
• Dacryocystitis (lacrimal sac infection)
• Angina pectoris
• Numb chin syndrome (mental neuropathy) due to malignancy in mandible

Don't ferget the ear as a potential etiology. Ear and jaw share pain fibers on the hypoglossal nerve.

Here's my quick and dirty "it's 3 am and I have to call my attending jaw pain cheat sheet:

• Dental caries or abscess
• Sinusitis
• Temporal arteritis
• Trigeminal neuralgia
• Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome
• Migraine
• Sialadenitis (eg, parotitis)
• Sialolithiasis (salivary gland calculi)
• Otitis media
• Orbital or periorbital cellulitis
• Peritonsillar abscess
• Ludwig’s angina (retropharyngeal infection)
• Carotid artery dissection
• Glossopharyngeal neuralgia
• Atypical facial pain
• Postherpetic neuralgia
• Bruxism (teeth grinding)
• Dental misalignment
• Acoustic neuroma
• Trauma
• Glaucoma
• Dacryocystitis (lacrimal sac infection)
• Angina pectoris
• Numb chin syndrome (mental neuropathy) due to malignancy in mandible

Given her history of cervical disc problems, is there any chance she has herniation or rupture putting pressure on a nerve? Do any of the nerves she's describing even involve cervical vertebrae?

Top Bottom