Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drop or Increase Calories

Marty81

Hey guys need some help,

I'm 6ft and currently 11 and half stone. I used to be 16 stone, but still have some chest fat and despite chest excerises such as bench, dumbell flys, incline, decline,cable cross overs and some cardio I still cannot get my chest in to shape. I'm wondering should I increse my calories up to around 3000 a day and continue to lift heavy. I'm fairly strong my bench is at 90kgs bout the same for incline and decline. I'm just frustrated I'm actually in great shape apart from my chest, it's not gyno jus seems to be stubborn fast. My diet is excellent high protein with some carbs. So I'm thinking maybe I'm wrong but if I start to eat a lot more and lift heavy my chest will naturally come right

I'm open to all suggestions.

You were talking about having fat in your chest area despite doing chest exercises. You will lose that by either by reducing your calorie consumption or doing more cardio to increase your metabolic rate.

Some people manage to do recomposition - lose fat and gain muscle at the same time - by alternating cut and bulk days. For an easy way to do it, calculate what you are eating, eat 500-1000 calories less per day and you should lose 1-2 lbs of fat per week.

I didn't doubt you for a second lol, thanks. Suppose my problem is I don't want to lose any more weight, but that is what it takes il do it.

If you are carrying extra body fat, then you need to cut. Increasing calories won't help you "shape" your chest. I would cut calories to cut the fat and then increase later when you have the look and definition you are after

once again, I agree with maxreps. I will add that a diet of 50% protein, 25% carbs and 25% fat if you want to lose it fast, and lose it fast you will. But I caution, you will RISK losing "some" muscle if you do not keep you protein up, so it is a "risk". Other wise, 40% protein and 30/30 on the carbs and fat will suffice, but slower. Again, running at a 500 calorie deficit per day, per lb of fatloss as the goal, per week.

Get after it!

Regarding your chest not being in shape. Are you getting good pec activation? Some guys are a little more naturally tricep dependant. Look into a wide grip on bench with you elbows pointing nearly straight out and the bar path in line with your upper chest. Pause for sec at the bottom and really squeeze your pecs. Also maybe use the german volume training protocol (10 × 10) to build some mass for 6 weeks.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

11.5 stone is 161lbs. Your not going to have much size or shape at that weight at 6'1. Not to be a dick but it's the way I see it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom