Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does anyone here struggle with anxiety / depression ??

almost-pro said:
I have since i was 19 or so.. been on and off tons of meds since then. my most recent which i am currently on was 200mg of zoloft (yea i know, HIGH) along with 6mg klonopin/day, 60mg buspar, and 10mg ambien at night(for sleep.)

Over the course of 6 months, although it has caused me many days of not wanting to even get out of the bed and many nights of not sleeping I have cut back to 50mg of zoloft ED, 30mg of buspar ED and completely off the klon's, and ambien as needed. I am starting to come around and see things more clearly now but it is still hard as hell to do this. I am doing it under the supervision of a psychiatrist. I just wanted to know if anyone else out there has struggled with this sort of thing? I think the roughest part is over now... in the beginning there were times I would just start crying for no reason at all and at night I would lie awake sweating... i felt like a heroin addict or something. I do feel better now and more like myself but I still have bad bouts of depression and anxiety that just make me want to stay in the bed all day. I don't let it stop me from going to work, but I will admit that on the weekends I do alot of sleeping and laying around.

Listen,
go to the doctor and have a full HORMONAL check done(test, estrogen, HGH etc, . It's an expensive test but worth every penny. Do not accept BS answers like I got from my doc that "your test level is a little low but you are ok".....bull crap, low test and high estrogen can make grown ass guys cry like little girls.
I'm not saying that there isn't other medical condition wrong with you,but from my experience ever since I start going to the gym many years ago, I stopped any depression....period! As long as I check my hormons on regular bases I'm ok and never been better. In other words I keep my test normal-high and estrogen low if you get my meaning :)
Sometimes our bodies just go into a funk and never come out of it unless forced.
Be smart and follow this road, with hormonal manipulation you can make your body to do anything you want or just bring it to normal so you can enjoy life. Many ppl may say that this is too extreme.....oh well if taking anti-depresants is the normal way then I'm wrong and the minority.
Good luck to you and I hope you take charge of you life, bro

It sucks, but man the fuck up.

lack of reinforcement can cause depression & anxiety. try eliminating the negatives. or, sometimes it's just a matter of maladaptive coping skills.

Mavafanculo said:
Unfortunately, if it's endogenous - neurochemical- , this is like telling somebody to "just be taller"

Yep that's often the case. I love the drug Klonopin, been on it 9 years, but it's more addictive than heroin and I slightly panicked this morning when I thought I left my bag in my wife's car as she left for work.. I was starting to feel withdrawal symptoms as I forgot to take my medicine on time. Anybody know what those withdrawal symtoms feel like?? Not fun.

I've battled this one for more than a decade and it seems like recovery is a two step process. For step one, you'll need a shrink, who's responsive to your needs, and ready to prescribe meds. I've found that the best way to look at meds is as stepping stones rather than permanent solutions. If anxiety and depression are disrupting your professional and/or personal life, you need a solution NOW and meds can be the remedy. When I say "meds," I mean a good SSRI like Celexa, which is terrific for anxiety and depression, or Lexapro, and not sedatives like Klonopin or Xanax, which are indicated for acute panic attacks and, as noted above, highly addictive.

Once the meds have you stabilized, you then need to find a good therapist who can help you figure out where this depression/anxiety came from in the first place and what behavioral modifications you can make to fix things permanently. This is where the whole "wellness as choice" thing comes in. Once you've accomplished that, you can explore slowly coming off of the medication.

What many people fail to realize is that it's often biological in nature and no amount of therapy can fix that. That's like saying that therapy can cure a Parkinson's patient.

I really struggle with anxiety the most......Sometimes it is paralyzing almost where I can't function

mightymouse69 said:
how about a massage at those time?

I love massages. Especially ball massages.

Top Bottom