Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet suggestions please

I am trying to lose fat, not weight. But I had7 weeks off from the gym so me eating better and working will naturally make me lose weight.

6:15am:
2 cups of Quaker Oats
1 1/2 scoops of Casein Protein
Fat Free Milk
blueberries

10:30am or so
6 egg whites

2pm or sp
Grilled Chicken Caesar Spinich Wrap (VERY little dressing) with peppers
OR
Salad with bell peppers, tomatoes, celery, brocolli, carrots, and very little creamy italian dressing or honey dijon light.

5pm (530 sometimes)
2 cups of quaker oats, banana, blueberries, and fat free milk.
2 cans of tuna
pickles
tablespoon of miracle whip

830-9pm
Whatever dinner was.
Lean hamburger meat, meatballs, or grilled chicken.

Bedtime (if I didn't have the 830-9pm meal)
2 scoops of casein protein.

Am I eating too many carbs for my normal routine?

Days I workout, I have 2 scoops of whey protein post workout (immediately after).

I am adding vegetables to this diet. With the 615am and 5pm meals.
Brocolli and carrots mostly.

I would cut out the oatmeal in the morning n evening meals n switch that to broccoli, spinach or asparagus.....I see no monounsaturated fats in ur meals which are very important and u should only b having casein protein in the before bedtime meal......whey protein should b during the day and before n after workouts.....
How much do u weight?? Need some stats on urself like height, body type, what do u do for workouts.....all that can help us help u....
I would also step eating up to every 2 hours to 3 hours max.....6:15am till 10:30 is too long to go without eating in my opinion, at least it is for me.....

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I'm 5'7 or so and 160lbs currently. I lost 4lbs on this new diet. But I also had a 7 week layoff at the gym before starting back. Plus, when I started the gym backup, my diet changed dramatically. I am usually 168lbs or so.

Body type is... I dunno how to answer that. hahaha Athletic I guess. Not fat but not shredded. I have abs but no body builder-esk abs.

My workouts are mainly for strength. I am primarily a squat and deadlifter. I focus on helping those lifts out most and then I worry about the cosmetic end of things. So after I do my squat, deadlifts, etc... i'll do my stiff leg, one legged stuff, etc...

After that (and on Wednesdays) i'll do my biceps, triceps, traps, chest. My chest has a real hard time growing so i'll do flies twice a week. My body recovers quick and I keep going up in weight. So chest twice a week seems to working for now.

Why cut out the oatmeal all together? And whey during the day? It's a quick releasing protein that is meant for workout/post workout. You're kind of going against the grain with all your advice.

I'm 5'7 or so and 160lbs currently. I lost 4lbs on this new diet. But I also had a 7 week layoff at the gym before starting back. Plus, when I started the gym backup, my diet changed dramatically. I am usually 168lbs or so.

Body type is... I dunno how to answer that. hahaha Athletic I guess. Not fat but not shredded. I have abs but no body builder-esk abs.

My workouts are mainly for strength. I am primarily a squat and deadlifter. I focus on helping those lifts out most and then I worry about the cosmetic end of things. So after I do my squat, deadlifts, etc... i'll do my stiff leg, one legged stuff, etc...

After that (and on Wednesdays) i'll do my biceps, triceps, traps, chest. My chest has a real hard time growing so i'll do flies twice a week. My body recovers quick and I keep going up in weight. So chest twice a week seems to working for now.

Why cut out the oatmeal all together? And whey during the day? It's a quick releasing protein that is meant for workout/post workout. You're kind of going against the grain with all your advice.

Well, first off, that 4 lbs is obsolite in my opinion as that is easily mistaken as water weight fluxuation. For instance, I can go to bed weighing 250lbs and wake up anywhere between 244-247lbs. Its best to weigh yourself at the same time everyday to get an idea of weight gain or loss. Like, weigh yourself about 2 hours after dinner each nite right before your last meal or bedtime meal.

As for body type, are you Ectomorph, Mesomorph or Endomorph? Ectomorphs are typically fast metaboism and need A LOT of calories to gain weight with little body fat. Meso is kind of in between and Endomorph is more like myself. Body fat is easily gained and metabolism must be sort of ignited by multiple meals a day for example. Google the types if you like for more infomation.

How many days do you workout per week? What is your training split? I guess you do Chest on Wednesdays but what other days do you do chest? Do you do deadlifts and squats everyday since those are your primary lifts? Those are essentially full body exercises so depending on how many days a week you do them and how instense the workouts are they can require a lot of calories for recovery, mainly protien.

I'm not saying cut the oatmeal out completely but yet try to get your carbs from vegetables mostly. Like have broccoli, spinach or asparagus for each meal with your protein, preferably whole food protein(chicken breast, ground turkey, fish) and make sure you get some good fats in each meal as well. Eat an avocado, or 10-15 almonds, or 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter or almond butter. Apparently your only getting your Omega-3s from the cans of tuna but I would limit the tuna to 2-3 cans per week due to mercury content. Switch it up with some salmon, albacore steaks or even Mahi Mahi. If your eating fish for your protein you don't really need to throw in the good fat whole food cuz the good fats are in the fish. Monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats slow down digestion and your insulin spikes during the meal. Stay far away from saturated fats if you wanna loose body fat. When your insulin spikes too high your body will store the body fat and the good fats during a high carb meal, for example, will control the insulin levels. I would eat carbs before and after your workouts if you must eat oatmeal but overall I have learned you want to "carb up" every 4th or 5th day for instance, sort of tricking your body and metabolism or spiking it to burn the different food. Just like changing your workouts every now n then, change the foods you eat. Go low carb with just veggies for a couple days then eat your oatmeal, brown rice or sweet potatoes for a day then go back to low carb veggie meals. Have a cheat meal once a week to crank the metabolism even more.
Yes, whey protein is fast "digesting" protein but you want that during the day since you should be eating so frequently. Whole food proteins are prefered and best but sometimes if your in a pinch a good whey shake is Ok. I prefer to have a shake before and after workouts and whole food stuff during the other meals like chicken, turkey or fish. I don't eat beef anymore as it tears my insides up since it typically just rots in your intestines anyway. Ground beef hamburgers are usually my gas if i must eat beef. You want the slow digesting Casein protein at your last meal of the day before bed to slowly feed your body during sleep since that is the time your body goes the longest without eating. If you know your not gonna eat for a long time then sure take in some casein but I would suggest saving it for the last meal.
You must eat to keep the metabolism up and running and the more whole, healthy and even raw foods you eat will help the bodyfat disappear. I always take my veggies raw and typically only cook my proteins except for my pasturized liquid egg whites which i use for my first meal @ 6am with a scoop of whey.

You can get mercury poisoning that quick from tuna? I thought you had to eat tuna a lot more frequent to experience those types of symptoms?

I imagine I am an "Ectomorph" by your descriptions. I feel so weird calling myself that. But I have never been overweight and i've had a 6 pack since I was about 12 years old. So i'm going with that.

Fish diet is too expensive to maintain everyday. I don't have that type of money.

I thought oatmeal had great types of carbs in it? I feel so confused reading you say that. I'm not calling you a liar and I will absolutely take some of this advice. But I can see why it isn't the "best" but how it would work. Does that make sense?

You just buy the frozen vegetables, heat them up and eat?

I try to eat every 3 hours but with work, it's tough.

And you're saying... avoid high carbs until every 4th or 5th day so you can speed up your metabolism? I kind of do that but I am no where near as strict as what you wrote. I cheat one day a week where I have BBQed food and all that. The rest of the week is what I listed in the original post with a few modifications here and there.

But you named way too many changes for me. I am trying to do this one step at a time and I appreciate your help sooo much and I am going to refer back to this post a lot actually. BUT! There's always a but... haha

If you had to make ONE change that's in my diet (two if you must)... what would it be? I am trying to not make my life miserable by a crazy strict diet. And right now, my diet is very comfortable and I don't mind it at all. So adding or removing one thing wouldn't really be a problem. I am already going to be adding vegetables. I didn't plan on adding asparagus but I will think i'll go with the spinich instead. By the way, we're talking like 1 serving during a meal right? Like 3-4 servings? Spinich isn't my most desired food!

Ok, ur reading too much into my suggestions......I believe more than 2-3 cans o tuna is too much due to mercury content....i never said u will get poisoned from it by anymore than that.....its just advice from my own personal research.....
Since ur apparently an ectomorph type, I would simply step ur cardio up n add in some good fats to ur diet from my good fats suggestions......not sure how much fat u wanna loose but ectos can drop it easy thru cardiovascular training n I don't know what ur cardio training consists of but that's the fastest way for one to loose body fat other than proper diet.......I'm no pro but I research a lot of different diets n Google is an amazing tool which I would also suggest u use.......I guess stick with ur current diet if it suits u but I would add the healthy fats......

Do you think fluke is a good fish to eat?

My friend goes fishing A LOT and he said he'd give me a lot of his catches for me to eat.

fuck the mercury poisoning, i know ppl who eat about 6-8 cans aday for years ongoing now. they arent poisoned..... yet lol. have you determined your base metabolic rate and adjusted your calories to that, to either be in maintenance or caloric defecit? eating well is good and all but to lose weight you have to take in the right amount of cals. also shit loads of cardio, hiit training, soccer, etc

fuck the mercury poisoning, i know ppl who eat about 6-8 cans aday for years ongoing now. they arent poisoned..... yet lol. have you determined your base metabolic rate and adjusted your calories to that, to either be in maintenance or caloric defecit? eating well is good and all but to lose weight you have to take in the right amount of cals. also shit loads of cardio, hiit training, soccer, etc

My cardio is all from natural sport playing or whatever. For example, I played basketball Tuesday and Thursday for 3 hours and spent about 5-6 hours in the pool yesterday playing basketball! haha

I take in between 2500-3000 calories a day. I try to limit the amount of carbs I take in. Maybe around 100 grams all throughout the day. My protein intake is somewhere close to 250 grams. I haven't really checked my fat intake too much but if I had to guess... i'd say somewhere close to 70 grams of fat a day? That's just a guess though.

I'm looking to lose body fat more than weight. I seemed to have stopped losing weight with this current diet but my body is still replacing fat with muscle. I've been steady at 160lbs now for about 7-8 days. My body fat on a daily basis for just about my entire life has been relatively low. Even when I go on fast food binges while not working out. My body just has a way of adjusting itself to my diet.

Also, I forgot to mention I drink a tablespoon of Carlson's Fish Oil every morning.
And I drink a cup of 100% natural green tea everyday.

Top Bottom