Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DEADS on back day or leg day?

hangclean said:
I'll rephrase my post. You cant do heavy squats and heavy deadlifts in the same workout effectively unless your juiced to the gills, like all the Westside lifters.
Given that 'heavy' is a relative term dependent on the individual, juice accelerates you up the conditioning chain, nothing much more. If you can't do both on the same day then take it as a sign that you need to improve your conditioning.

Blut Wump said:
Given that 'heavy' is a relative term dependent on the individual, juice accelerates you up the conditioning chain, nothing much more. If you can't do both on the same day then take it as a sign that you need to improve your conditioning.

Exactly!!

If you're incapable of doing an effective deadlift workout after an effective squat workout, then you need to condition yourself to train.....juice will do nothing but help and help some more, but it is by no means a requirement.

Dial_tone said:
There's a lot more to a good back than thickness, as far as BB'ing goes...width, detail, separation. I'm doing okay with my method.

yeah, you have a great back, but deadlifts aren't for your upper back...

hangclean said:
I'll rephrase my post. You cant do heavy squats and heavy deadlifts in the same workout effectively unless your juiced to the gills, like all the Westside lifters.

please note- i can, and have, done them on them effectively on the same day, given my time constraints. and not only am i not juiced to the gills, i'm not juiced at all and never have been.

wnt2b, that's it....it's on like Donkey Kong.....you and me....tricep kickbacks with the pink dumbbells til somebody drops. Last man standing gets the girl.

Dial_tone said:
wnt2b, that's it....it's on like Donkey Kong.....you and me....tricep kickbacks with the pink dumbbells til somebody drops. Last man standing gets the girl.
LOL
as long as you show me how to do a kickback im game ;)

If I did stiff leg deads I'd do them on leg day, but I don't.

I do them at the end of my back workout and never go heavier than I can handle for 8 strict reps. I usually do 3-5 sets depending on how much energy I have left and I feel it for days after. Since I started doing them, my overall back development and strength has gone through the roof. I love 'em!

thelion2005 said:
Mr. Johnson .... and others ....

Why do Deads at all? And I'm not being stupid or rude. I've just not understood this exercise's value vs. the probability (not possibility) you'll be injuried.

The hips and lower back receive a lot of stimulation from quad work and rows. Light weight hypers really hit the lower back if that is what you want.

And I've done them correctly and heavy last on back day ... and saw no big return ... and done them wrong (it doesn't take much) and spent time laying flat on the floor with my legs up hoping the pain goes away.

Please educate me.

I'll start the education by defining the term masochistic

masochistic = sef defeating

Basically I was not agree-ing with the workout I stated about doing heavy legs and then doing deads. The same is true for doing heavy back and then doing deads.

Basically I think wnt2bbeast and the PL'ers have a point that you should hit back with HEAVY basic movement and then you can do the isolation stuff
after youve worn the muscle down. Those type exersizes are just as effective with lower weight. I am in agreement with the PL'ers that the basic movements should be done with heavy weight when you are rested so you can get maximum performance with as little risk from form break / injury

So we were agree-ing with each other but I think the term "masochism" threw you off.

Dialtone is doing it in reverse and obviously what he does works for him. But then again , a man the genetics of dial tone , I think anything would work for him.

wnt2bBeast said:
LOL
as long as you show me how to do a kickback im game ;)

haha, I work at my gym. Some girl asked me how to do a tricep kickback....I pretty much told her that seated behind the head db extension would do her better. But I showed her the kickback anyway....

then it dawned on me, I had never bothered to do one of those before :)

Top Bottom