Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DEADS on back day or leg day?

S

satchboogie

question is this...

deads on back day or on leg day?

i feel that after my back routine, adding 4 sets of deads really gets my back working to the point of soreness for 2-3 days.

but the deads are also great for leg developement.
and since its not advised to do deads 2x per week, when would YOU do them and why?

thanks.

at the end of my back workout....really overloads the lats that way.

I actually do both. Normal deads for back at the end concentrating mainly on my back and stiff legged on leg day concentrating mainly on my hams.

Damn i just wanna learn how to doa dead lift FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't be taught

*MissFit* said:
Damn i just wanna learn how to doa dead lift FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't be taught

they look awkward..
but quite easy if you're shown by somebody who knows his shit.

on a sidenote..
this exercise if not executed with PERFECT form, can seriously fuck up your back!

thats why you should start very light...
with the bar only at first.

keep in mind some fine points:

1) have your ass sticking out at all times.. that'll keep a slight arch in the lower back and prevent back injury.

2) keep knees slightly bent

3) try the differnt variations.. like the sumo style, wide/narrow grip, and dumbells deadlifts too!

this is the part i have trouble with doing it in the gym :worried: GRRRRRRR.. the few times i have asked to be taught.. haven't worked out in my favour :p

satchboogie said:
1) have your ass sticking out at all times.. that'll keep a slight arch in the lower back and prevent back injury.
QUOTE]

missfit- if you want some links to good form for deads, let me know- i can show you some.

satch, i powerlift, so i don't have 'leg' day or 'back' day- i have squat days and deadlift days.
if i was going to put them with anything, i suppose i'd put them with back days- but do them FIRST... you don't want to attempt deadlifts with an already fatigued back.

I do deads at the beginning of my back workouts so my form is good. If I'm tired from rows and pullups, my deadlift is going to suffer. I need to be in prime shape to tackle deads.

Most say you should do deads at the beginning of the workout because they hit the CNS quite hard. I don't have a 'day' when I work a specific body part, but if I did, it would be on back day. Do deads first, some bent rowing and maybe some pull ups.
I wouldn't do deads on leg day because then you'll compromise your squats.

you training at bay bloor now? don't ask anyone there how to deadlift, especially one of the PT's unless you want a hand-on-the-booty spot to see if your 'core is being kept tight'

if your ever there with QT when I'm pulling I'll show you :)

Top Bottom