Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DEADS on back day or leg day?

UA_Iron said:
haha, I work at my gym. Some girl asked me how to do a tricep kickback....I pretty much told her that seated behind the head db extension would do her better. But I showed her the kickback anyway....

then it dawned on me, I had never bothered to do one of those before :)
i would have lied and told her skulls or the DB exte's were kickbacks :)

Conditioning is not the issue here! I have been doing OLY lifting and strongman training for 10 years and you can bet your ass that my conditioning is better than most people on this board. If you go into the gym on your heavy squat day and proceed to do more than one set of heavy squats, there is no way in hell you will be able to deadlift with optimal weights after that. Pull throughs, reverse hypers, assistance excercises, whatever. Deadlifts NO. I dont see what is so hard to comprehend. At a powerlifting meet, yes the deadlift is last. Are you doing multiple sets of more than one reps on the squat? NO. Plus its the final competition that your preparing for so your not in the gym busting out 1 rep maxes all the time are you? Do you train bench, deadlift and squat all in the same day ? I would hope not.

stilleto said:
yeah, you have a great back, but deadlifts aren't for your upper back...

so how come everytime somebody tries to show deads build a thick back they show a pic of some guy with huge lats?

Dial_tone said:
so how come everytime somebody tries to show deads build a thick back they show a pic of some guy with huge lats?

cause they are showing a guy who works out smartly.
:)
if you can deadlift more weight, you'll get more out of them.
you'll get more if you do them first. plus, your form will more likely be correct if you're not exhausted already.

bad form=injury waiting to happen.

is this really about deadlifts or are you and wnt2b just fighting over who gets the girl?

Sure some body builders are good deadlifters. But, when I think of the deadlift I picture Jouko Ahola, Kazmier, and Doyle Kenady. These guys are monsters!

satchboogie said:

I like the dif between back and waist. Old school looks for 13" dif. Reeves had over 20. You must be close to that!

Off the subject ....
Do I see an Ampeg amp and Fender in the background?

I've got a tube Ampeg (replacement tubes from Poland and Russia) V40 and a Mesa, a blond Guild that looks like a Birdland, and a Fender Strat.

You play for fun? I do ... lots better than therapy. :)

its a fender ultimate chorus next to an ibanze JS1000 (joe satriani signature model)

although lately i been enjoying my 57 american fender..
sunburst on maple neck..
dimarzios all around..

Top Bottom