Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DEADS on back day or leg day?

wnt2bBeast said:
well i train westside so i do lats almost every day
and yes occasionally i do lat pulls but i do them completely different and for a complete differnt reason than a BB'er would

but for a BB'er wanting to add size and all the oter stuff to their back i dont think you can go wrong with sticking with basic things

Deads up to a heavy triple
Bent Rows
Chins/Pull-ups add weight if you can easily do sets of 10
thats really all anyone needs
DB Rows
some machines are half way decent
CSR and hammer high row etc but i would stick with a barbell and plates

I could not agree more.

Depends on what your goals are. I'll put it this way, I would never do HEAVY squats and HEAVY deads on the same day.

hangclean said:
Depends on what your goals are. I'll put it this way, I would never do HEAVY squats and HEAVY deads on the same day.
they do them at westside like that
not all the time but nothing wrong with it if you do it that way

hangclean said:

you can. i think if you do, do the squats first- don't tire your back before squats.

Squats and deads heavy on the same day are perfectly fine from my experiences.....Squat first and you'll have no problems.

Sorry. If you do a few sets of heavy squats and then try to do heavy deadlifts, you are not only setting yourself up for an injury, but you are NOT going to be able to lift as much on the deads.

hangclean said:
Sorry. If you do a few sets of heavy squats and then try to do heavy deadlifts, you are not only setting yourself up for an injury, but you are NOT going to be able to lift as much on the deads.

well lik ei said its not done that way allthe time but many westisders do exactly just that..they seem pretty damn strong to me

fuck go look at Bartley's log
doing squats with triple blues followed by sumo pulls over 700 hundo
balls my friend, will and desire..never say never..put some doubt in your brain and it will eat you alive

wnt2bBeast said:
bingo if youre doing deads last that means you are using a sgnificanlty lower weight than what you are capable of using..

If that is true then you are MISSING the whole point of deadlifts to begin with

The point of deads for a BB'er is muscular growth. Whatever exercise you do last will have to be done with less weight, so should I avoid that by doing one exercise per day? I rep 225 lbs at the end of my back workout, or whatever weight I can rep with good form. Yea, it's super light but at the end of my back workout it's plenty heavy. I'm not lifting weight for the sake of lifting it. Maybe people ought to learn how to maintain good form when they're tired instead.

Msfit - When deadlifting imagine putting your head through the ceiling. This will keep your head up and spine straight. The rest of the movement will vary by person.

Dial_tone said:
The point of deads for a BB'er is muscular growth. Whatever exercise you do last will have to be done with less weight, so should I avoid that by doing one exercise per day? I rep 225 lbs at the end of my back workout, or whatever weight I can rep with good form. Yea, it's super light but at the end of my back workout it's plenty heavy. I'm not lifting weight for the sake of lifting it. Maybe people ought to learn how to maintain good form when they're tired instead.

but there is NO way a heavy set of deads (do 5-10 reps if thats what you prefer) can compare to any other back exercise like lat pulls or cable rows

Look at any good puller BB'er or Pl'er they have insanely thick backs
Johnnie Jackson or Mike Ruggiera

Top Bottom