Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift grip

buffal2001

Does anyone here use alternate grip on deadlifts to use higher weights???????????If so do you get one trap bigger than the other etc.......???????

Cheers

Yes......and no I dont get different sized traps. If you are worried change the grip around every other set.

buffal2001 said:
Does anyone here use alternate grip on deadlifts to use higher weights???????????If so do you get one trap bigger than the other etc.......???????

Cheers

I have exactly that problem, i used to always use the same grip left hand over right hand under, i also found myslef twisting too much and letting the weights hit the floor unevenly. Ever since i changed too a more regular grip both hands over i have found thqat my technique has improved a lot with the weights hitting the floor at thea same time.

ive always done it with a "powerlift" grip...i never tought about the trap thingy..i better go look in the mirror and check

Is it really the norm to deadlift in that manner, hands opposite? What would be the advantage/reason?

AL, what u wanna do is.......haha!

I do alternate grip when i do heavy deads, those which are 4 reps or less, but if i am warming up, or anything else than low reps.

well..... ronnie coleman has an uneven trap but he does both hands over...... so maybe the opposite grip thing is the way to eliminate that

It stops the bar from trying to roll in your hands.....so you can hold onto more weight.

DaveNY said:
Is it really the norm to deadlift in that manner, hands opposite? What would be the advantage/reason?

just keep switching the grip around on alternate sets, i use the overhand grip untill the weight gets heavy then switch to alternate, another thing i do on occasion, is to start the bar on pegs about 2 feet off the ground and do the lift up/down and return it to the pegs,...it is not as hard as it sounds

Top Bottom