Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

***deadlift And Paralyzed???****

ultragainz

someone told me that they wear wacthing this thing on tv they were showing the ER room in the hospita that this guy got parayzed?how i go heavy and need to know some info hear...there are people going up to 700 pounds or more and what happened to that guy?

Deadlifts are dangerous even with proper form. Could snap, twist, strain your lower back and vertabrae, which obviously, could result in paralyzation. Just try to keep with moderate progression and don't go slapping 2 extra plates on each side. How many times have I heard lift with your legs and not with your back at work? Deadlifts are exactly what not to do :)

YellowD - in the deadlift you lift with your legs, I believe you are thinking of the stiff legged version which is not nearly as effective. The powerlift version is inititated w/ legs and they remain involved for nearly the entire movement.

This is the movement you train so that you don't get injured. Squats can twist also. It's all a matter of proper form and being careful. The reason people get injured is that there is no way to really cheat this lift - other than bouncing the bar on reps. People allow their form to breakdown because they haven't trained the lift correctly to build the full body strength necessary.

As far as injury - I've seen some nasty videos of benchers being crushed. It has yet to even phase the bench lovers. Put in the effort on the deadlift and you will love the results.

Holy Shit!

- I may go back to just the bar after seeing that.

Top Bottom