Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my workout please.

seizer

Monday:
Barbell Rows 3x6
Chins 4X6+
SLDL 3X6
Lat pulldown 1x6

Tuesday:
Squats
5x5 (increasing weight(pretty heavy to begin with))
45 degree seated squats 4x6
Db Lunges 3x6

Wednesday:
OFF

Thursday:
Db incline press 4x6
DB decline 3x6
Db Flies 3x7

Friday:
Straightbar Curls 3x6
Incline Db curls 3x6
Lowered curls 3x6
Tricep Push down 3x6
Close grip 3x6
Tricep extensions (the one where you are extending one of your arms from behind your head to straight up) 2x6

Saturday:
Db press 2x6
(the exercise where you use a straight and pull it up with both arms to your collar bones with both arms sticking out to the side) 2x6
Bentover Db raises 2x8
Shoulder Shrugs 2x7
Front db Raises 1x7

I am pretty sure there is a few things wrong witht this so just let me know where i need some fixing. I am lifting heavy, and am bulking as well. LoL, for some reason i think that my chest day would be a common target for critique.

Thanks, any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Well I'd probably put the SLDL first on back day to do it justice. I'd add in a hamstring exercise on leg day like leg curls or Glute ham raise, something. I don't really see anything wrong with your chest day, but I'd prioitize flat barbell bench over incline, but that's just me. I'd also add in flat dumbell bench even if only for 1 solid set. Your training from Thursday-Saturday has alot of overlap on your triceps. If your triceps respond well to lots of volume then by all means stick with it, but if you find your triceps lagging or you have a tough time on pressing exercises then you maight want to switch up your shedule a little toallow more time for tricep recovery.

I missed your goals. Decline is a waste of time. 2 on 3 off is a good split. Try to use a variety. I guess with looking into your posted volume you are going for strength?

Actually i looking to gain size...so with that comment i take it i am doing it all wrong. My goals for this bulk is mainly to add some thickness to my back and rear delts, everything else usually follows. Do you guys think that it might be best to throw in triceps on monday after back or somethin to spread out the tricep load. Should i up the amount of reps or sets that i want to do since i want to gain size. As for the reason why i dont have flat bench BB is because i cant seem to progress with it, ever.

eat big said:
sldl's work best for me on leg day, cause they train your hamstrings (and lower back)

i was gonna say this, but you already did. but, ill say it again. i'd move the SLDL to your leg day

Why do you suggest moving SLDL to leg day? I do absolutely fine doing SLDL on a seperate day and I know that doing them on leg day would detract from either them or the squats. Just wondering? Is it the hammie overlap? If so then I train hams twice a week technically since I do SLDL on back day and leg curls on leg day. Works for me.

GhettoStudMuffin said:
Why do you suggest moving SLDL to leg day? I do absolutely fine doing SLDL on a seperate day and I know that doing them on leg day would detract from either them or the squats. Just wondering? Is it the hammie overlap? If so then I train hams twice a week technically since I do SLDL on back day and leg curls on leg day. Works for me.

not trying to hijack the thread, but i would advise this because SLDL are more of a hamstring exercise than they are for the back. no, i do not think that squats hinder your SLDL. i do my SLDL after my squats. and i can handle some pretty serious weight on the SLDL (i have to use straps over 315 for more than 5 reps because my grip gives out.)

CEASAR989...something i missed. i would move your CG exercise on your friday workout and make that your first movement of the day, followed up with the rest of your tri work, and then on to your bi's.

CEASAR989...something i missed. i would move your CG exercise on your friday workout and make that your first movement of the day, followed up with the rest of your tri work, and then on to your bi's.

Thats a good idea. However, i do find that when i have a day with squats and sldls i pretty near pass out. One lift usually takes away from the other for me. Do you guys suggest that i move the sldls strictly for the reason that it is more of a leg movement or because i should put some other movement in for my upper back?

Top Bottom