Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creation of an Explosive Mofo - My Training Journal :)

Well I'm not that sore from em, but man they really killed my core!
quads a bit as well. Although I may not be doing them properly. Need a few more sessions to finetune form :)

Well they are basicly like max effort power snatches so it will be somewhat CNS heavy. But my volume was pretty low anyway. I know CT says not to do them for more than 4-6 weeks, nd you only notice the power gains 2 weeks after you stop doing them.
And one should not do them a few days before any event. So I will cycle them in and out. The same thing applies for loaded jumspquats

Last edited:
Tweakle said:
dude you do some crazy stuff! Looking very athletic, its obviously working

Thanks, that's the idea :D

edgecrusher said:
CCJ, where do you place these in your workout schedule? Do you do them as an extra workout, or more of a contrast method?

Well it's definitely high intensity speed/explosive work. When you think about it, every rep is a max effort pullthrough/powersnatch type movement. Unlike powersnatches/cleans (unless you use heavy weights, but then speed is much slower) where you catch it a preset height, every rep is with max force. This is more for working the speed side of the power curve however.

So I would put it on a day where you do your power/dynamic/ballistic speed effort type workouts. Speed/ plyo day as well.
Even though the load is light relatively speaking, the power levels are probbaly much higher.

There are a few ways to do em - starting the ball from the ground, with a quick dip like jumping, or a bigger dip until the ball touches the ground and then explode. Although they should be more vertical in trajectory than I threw em :)

I think 12lbs maybe too heavy for me at the moment. I will pickup an 8lb ball and try that.

Last edited:
CoolColJ said:

Thanks, that's the idea :D

Well it's definitely high intensity speed/explosive work. When you think about it, every rep is a max effort pullthrough/powersnatch type movement. Unlike powersnatches/cleans (unless you use heavy weights, but then speed is much slower) where you catch it a preset height, every rep is with max force. This is more for working the speed side of the power curve however.

So I would put it on a day where you do your power/dynamic/ballistic speed effort type workouts. Speed/ plyo day as well.
Even though the load is light relatively speaking, the power levels are probbaly much higher.

There are a few ways to do em - starting the ball from the ground, with a quick dip like jumping, or a bigger dip until the ball touches the ground and then explode. Although they should be more vertical in trajectory than I threw em :)

I think 12lbs maybe too heavy for me at the moment. I will pickup an 8lb ball and try that.

OK cool, I think I'll add them in while I'm doing my speed work.

Sundayday 16th November - General Workout - Week 5 - Day 1 - Upper Body 1

Shuffled things around in my split.

Weighed 210lbs today at the gym with shoes(chucks) + clothes etc. That's 4lbs down from week 3, so bodyweight is starting to go down, and I'm getting stronger - so everything is on track.
I do feel a bit leaner, but still quite fat, and muscle mass does seem to be increasing in some areas. I know my rear delts have blown up! Nearly time to take a progress pic :)

While night time sleep is far from optimal, it's getting better, and I've been taking naps here and there as I can. That has helped my CNS recovery a lot. And it showed today. Great session.
Even though my upper body was slightly tired from work, I still got the job done. Once I get a solid 8+ hours of sleep a night, training should go forward at a better rate.

Slower negatives all round this session. Using functional isometrics for warmups - these do help.

Workout time - 50mins
Workout rating - 9/10

BenchPress

Warmups - 14inch grip Bar - 3 static holds for 6 secs each on the way down then x8, Dip bar lockout hold 10secs, Pushups on bench x5, 95x5, 135lbs x2, x3, x5

Tempo - 10X0 - alternating sets with rows 1 to 2 mins rest between each

14inch grip - 185lbs x 3, 225lbs x3 New PR!! + 1 rep

Tempo 82X0
170lbs 5x2 - 8 sec down, 2 sec pause with tension, explode up

Work Tonnage = 2930lbs - up 840lbs from last session
TUT = 122 secs Tonange per sec index = 24

225x3 is a PR with this grip.
Even though I was able to get 2x2 with 225lbs last session, it felt so heavy and slow. Well today all the leadup sets felt much lighter so I know my CNS was in better shape, the first 2 reps were pretty fast, the 3rd slowed down. My short term goal is to get 5 explosive reps with 225lbs
The slow eccentrics were not too bad.

Rows
- alternating sets with bench 1 to 2mins rest between each

ReverseGrip Single Arm Dumbell Rows
warmup - 7kg - 3 position iso hold for 6 secs each then x5, 30lbs x5, 45x5, 65x1
Tempo 20X0
65lbs 3x5 - feeling light, going up to 70lbs next session

Elbows out Single Arm Dumbell Rows
Tempo - 20X0 50lbs 2x6

Bits and Pieces

Rest - 1min

30 degree Incline Snatch raises - face down
5kg 2x10

Last edited:
Top Bottom