Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine = joint pain ?

Stiffler

I posted a little while back that I was having a great deal of pain in my knees. well I now believe it is a side affect from creatine. this is why: yesterday morning my RIGHT knee hurt, but as the day wore on the pain got incredibly bad by the evening I was limping. today I wake up and my RIGHT knee feels great, but now my LEFT knee is unbeliveably painful and i am limping on that leg now.

what does the pain jump from one leg to the next over night??? BTW this has happened on and off for the whole 4 weeks I have been on creatine and if I remember right I had the same sides last year when I was on.

it cant be workout related cause the pain goes totally away by the next morning.

So my question is do u think it could be creatine that is causing my knee problems? has anybody else noticed this?

THANKS,
STIFFLER:)

Creatine does nothing to the joints. I don't know what you're doing to your legs bud, but you're doing something to them.

hey Gymtime, whats happening?!

um yea I drink about 5 liters of water a day.

and I havnt worked out legs in about 2 weeks.

I dont know what the hell is the problem but im not taking creatine for the next few days and if the pain goes away then I will conclude that creatine is the problem.

Last edited:
I had it also

I do a lot of Martial Arts and when I was doing creatine I would get awful cramps in my hip flexors. I tried getting on and off about 5 times and soon as the 3rd or 4th day on would come it would start. Also I could not do the splits when I was on it. Not sure if this helps but figured I would put my dime in.

nevere heard of anything like that with creatine. the only thing i can think of is water intake. you need to be drinking at least a gallon of water of day and preferrably more when taking creatine.

Gotta agree with riskybiz and cobratri bro, I've never heard of creatine causing joint pain before. The reason I asked about the water was because although creatine does make you retain it, you have to be taking a proper amount in first. And I know that one effect of dehydration can be joint pain. But that's a total guess.

The only other thing I could even guess it would be is improper form on your squats, leg presses. I've seen a lot of guys take the weight down too fast and sort of "bounce up" on the extension motion. This is murder on your knees. Whenever you're doing any kind of leg press motion, you have to control the weight, especially at the bottom of the excercise, when your kness are completely bent.

Don't know what else it could be bro. Good that you're staying off them a while. Will give you a chance to work on that healing wing of yours :D . Hope it works out for ya bud!

Hey Gymtime, the wing is doing great. I can almost bench what I could before my little mishap. hopefully this stupid ass knee problem goes away soon lol now both knees hurt.:(

Joint Pain/Creatine

I used to get joint pain also when I first used creatine years ago. But it wasn't the creatine that caused it in any direct way. Rather it was that the internal actions of creatine made it possible to lift heavier weights. My lifting poundages increased rather rapidly. And it was the heavier weights that caused the joint problems. To compensate I decreased the weight and increased the reps. Never had problems since.

well just letting everyone know that I stopped taking creatine 5 days ago and my knees havent hurt a bit for the last 3. so if my knees dont hurt like that again it was the creatine.

BTW- this is the longest time I have gone in 5 weeks without my knees killing me!:D

Top Bottom