Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine = joint pain ?

I think creatine has caused joint pain for me.
I have been taking 5 grams creatine monohydrate for 4 weeks. For the past 1 to 2 weeks, my finger, wrist and elbow joints have been kind of sore and achy. I think this cannot be blamed on increased strength or training, because I have not been doing anything with my hands/arms more than usual. I do not really work out, except for trying to strengthen my quads after knee surgery, so that can't explain hand pain.
I am only 29 years old, so this sudden joint pain seemed strange, and I realized maybe it could be the creatine, and apparently, at least a few others have reported similar experiences in forums. Perhaps I have not been drinking enough water, which could cause joint pain if the creatine is causing my muscles to pull water, and there is not as much fluid in my joints. I will try increasing my water intake. If that does not work, I will stop creatine. I will try to remember to report back the results.

I know this is old. But did uping your water intake help? I work in a paper mill where I sweat all day. And I just started creatine 7 days ago. 3 days ago I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a small car. First it was my whole right side (shoulder, elbow, wrist, fingers, knee, hip ankle. Then the left side. Now my whole freaking body. Even the small mound before my shank is killing me. My muscles ache, I felt as though I did a thousand sit ups, my neck hurts. My body actually hurt so freaking bad I just walked on the tread mill. Didn't even try to touch a weight. As messed up as this is. At work right now I'm on my 4th 24oz cup of water and my palms actually hurt. I'm not taking anything other then whey and creatine. But God damn. It's like the flu meets, dehydration meets being jumped outside a club and waking up with the worst hang over. Wth. Thank god for tylenol.

if your having 1-2gal of water a day and not taking more than 5g creatine ed then i think maybe you are just getting sick TBH

I took creatine and got huge swelling around my right ankle. Scary, looks like DVT. Am on a fast now. Am into second day of the fast and the swelling has subsided, but the shin bone is swollen and warm to touch. I wonder what is happening!

Supplemental creatine is nothing more then the amino acids glycine, arginine, and methionine synthesized together. It is not a hormone. There is no way it could of been contributing to your knee pain. I suspect it was something else and just a coincidence.

As for long term joint pain prevent, the best joint supplement stack you can put together is:
5 tablets n2joint rx from n2bm.com + 25mg ostarine from sarms1.com + 3-6g of a high quality fish oil per day
http://needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Health-And-Wellness/N2Joint-RX-p319.html
Ostarine - as compared to Anabolic Steroids - Evolutionary.org

This will actually help heal and repair your joints and ligaments, along with reducing pain and inflammation.

Top Bottom