Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Concentrating on the chest

danbo said:
None of you have answered the really question here. Is adding a day for chest a good idea?

Training split 3 on, 1 off

Day 1: Chest/arms
Day 2: Legs/abs
Day 3: Back/shoulders
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Chest/arms
Day 6: Legs/abs
Day 7: Back/shoulders
Day 8: Rest

Training split 1 on, 1 off

Day 1: Chest/shoulders/arms
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Back/legs/abs
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Chest/shoulders/arms
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Back/legs/abs
Day 8: Rest

For both splits, you are working your chest TWICE per week which is one more than your current schedule so I don't understand what you are asking.

KP--Fitness Basics

I agree with Kian on the types of excercise for the chest.

As for the Push ups I super set them after diong a set of Heavy Flat Bench press.

As For training a muscle twice a week it might cause overtraining ( Unless your a pro taking a shit load of gear) Stick with training each muscle once a week (But when you do train a muscle train it to failure).

Also to stimulate the muscle alternate each week from BB to DB presses for the incline, flat and decline.

i train my entire body three to four times a week, no probs. you have to figure in total volume on whether you will overtrain or not.

also, training to failure leads to failure. Bad form, forced reps, and increased recovery time are results of training to failure. Its a great way to get an injury.

JohnRobHolmes said:
i train my entire body three to four times a week, no probs. you have to figure in total volume on whether you will overtrain or not.

also, training to failure leads to failure. Bad form, forced reps, and increased recovery time are results of training to failure. Its a great way to get an injury.

I disagree with you on this one: most pros train to failure; the last 3 forced reps are where you gain from eventually provided that you have a spotter which would help in keeping your form right.

I'm 27 have been training in this method for the last ten years(Continuously) and I never had a BB'ing related injury.

As for training your whole body 3 to 4 times a week your definetly over training; don't forget BB'ing is

33% training
33% eating
33% recovery

AhMadKooL said:
I agree with Kian on the types of excercise for the chest.

As for the Push ups I super set them after diong a set of Heavy Flat Bench press.

As For training a muscle twice a week it might cause overtraining ( Unless your a pro taking a shit load of gear) Stick with training each muscle once a week (But when you do train a muscle train it to failure).

Also to stimulate the muscle alternate each week from BB to DB presses for the incline, flat and decline.

sorry man but pretty much wrong... as long as you arent doing some dumb piece of shit volume routine from flex then you really wouldnt even come close to overtraining by doing that split. Once a week training is so unefficent its disgusting, people jus really dont seem to understand how important FREQUENCY is. Also, overtraining is not something that happens in a week due to excessive workouts.... its a process of continual cns fatigue over a given period of time. In terms of training to failure, i wont state my opinion, but its definetly not the only or the most efficient way to train. And no, you dont need to switch exercises each week to stimulate the muscle. The only way to get bigger is to get STRONGER.. and the only way to get stronger is by picking one heavy compound movement ie barbell bench press for chest... sticking to it for a while and making some sort of strength gains each week. If you are switching up ur godamn exercises every week like a madman, then you cant really specifically get stronger on any one exercise. The scientific concept of PROGREESIVE OVERLOAD right there in a nutshell for ya........

AhMadKooL said:
As for training your whole body 3 to 4 times a week your definetly over training; don't forget BB'ing is

33% training
33% eating
33% recovery
THis is a clear sign of ignorance. Plain and simple.

AhMadKooL said:
I disagree with you on this one: most pros train to failure; the last 3 forced reps are where you gain from eventually provided that you have a spotter which would help in keeping your form right.

I'm 27 have been training in this method for the last ten years(Continuously) and I never had a BB'ing related injury.

33% training
33% eating
33% recovery

Most people here would disagree with you on this, too! Look at most pro athletes who train for strength and power and skill, who look as good or better than most amateur (non-competative) BBers and train twice every day.

I myself begin every workout with either snatch or clean or clean and jerk, so I'm doing olympic moves 4-5 times a week. IF I was doing forced reps and cheat reps and training past failure/ accentuating the negative for more muscle breakdown, etc. I would not be able to train at this rate.

Most pro's are on truckloads of steroids and could parctically train any way they want to. IF you are a natural, training right is the hardest thing, because you need to push to the limits but stay within them otherwise you don't have a hope of recovering. Recovery is easy, it just happens. As far as diet goes, it's never been a problem for me; 50% foods I like and 50% clean works fine for bulking.

JIMguy said:
sorry man but pretty much wrong... as long as you arent doing some dumb piece of shit volume routine from flex then you really wouldnt even come close to overtraining by doing that split. Once a week training is so unefficent its disgusting, people jus really dont seem to understand how important FREQUENCY is. Also, overtraining is not something that happens in a week due to excessive workouts.... its a process of continual cns fatigue over a given period of time. In terms of training to failure, i wont state my opinion, but its definetly not the only or the most efficient way to train. And no, you dont need to switch exercises each week to stimulate the muscle. The only way to get bigger is to get STRONGER.. and the only way to get stronger is by picking one heavy compound movement ie barbell bench press for chest... sticking to it for a while and making some sort of strength gains each week. If you are switching up ur godamn exercises every week like a madman, then you cant really specifically get stronger on any one exercise. The scientific concept of PROGREESIVE OVERLOAD right there in a nutshell for ya........

I would agree that progressive overload is good , but hypertrophy is another method of getting bigger and may not necessarily designed for consistent poundage gains

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html

Top Bottom