Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cheat meal question.

Big Country 056

My trainer has me doing very low carbs, high protein and supplementing with EFAs Sun thru Wed; Then Thurs thru Sat I raise my carbs to @ 450 (I weigh 218@6%BF) and finish Sat night with a cheat meal. My question is this: How many of the calories from such a meal can your body actually process and store as fat on a diet such as this? Some of my bros at the gym have said not to worry, to enjoy the meal because my carbs drop back down on Sun, and such a calorie spike helps keep your metabloism raised. I'm using Fina 100mg EOD and doing cardio religously (40 min, 2x per day). My bodyfat is coming down nicely, but I'm 6 weeks out from competition and getting paranoid.
Any help would be great!

Google seems to be down at the moment, so I don't have the references.

But I think the prevailing "wisdom" is 24-36 hours of refeed before fat building kicks in.

I know Elzi Volk and a few others have been doing more frequent refeeds; like every 3-4 days. I think she has cited some references that the leaner you are, the longer and more frequent refeeds should be.

I know one of the others is "Par Deus", who I've seen occasionally posting on this board. Maybe he can elaborate further.

I've never used such ratios, but if they have been working for you then you shouldn't change them.

Here is what I recommend:
Day 1-4: weight x .4=g carbs a day
Day 5: weight x 1=g carbs a day
Day 6: weight x 2=g carbs a day
Day 7: wieghtx .2=g carbs a day

Protein amount goes down as carb ratio goes up.

Mr.X :cool:

Actually, my friend, this is based on experience and medical knowledge. I never recommend anything unless I have tried it...The way I came up with these ratios were based on the BF% of the person and how far away he is from the contest, and what past dieting he has done, plus, dieting/cardio/"supplements".

Mr.X :cool:

Top Bottom