Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CFA certification (Charter Financial Analyst)

Dial_tone said:
Speak for yourself. I get out of bed for not much better than 25% of that. If I start sleeping in will you pay my rent? I don't look good in heels but I will shave my legs.

I agree. Not one of MTSW's best lines. He should probably re-phrase. hehe

Razorguns said:
I agree. Not one of MTSW's best lines. He should probably re-phrase. hehe

OK, here is a try:

CFA always makes you a slave, because you're always reacting. I can't fight wth people on here over it; $200K is a good salary and few people earn that. That's because most people are (1) stupid (2) narrow minded and (3) slaves to the idea of making money without producing wealth.

If you take a little time to think it through, you could make $200K doing anything. The whole idea of business education is fraudulent, this is another post.

You either get this or you don't.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Bor, for real, it is the death of creativity and the rise of bureuacracy as financial "professionals" try to insulate themselves and raise barriers to entry that need not exist.

It's just a superficial barrier that proves nothing. It's like an IT certification, and the rush of people to get it will only devalue it.

That's just reality. Put your hard work and time into the accrual of knowledge and work, and you will do even better.
If I obtain a CFA then I am at the same time accruing knowledge, no? Unless you are saying the knowledge gained is inherently useless. Getting a CFA can be done all while working in the industry ala part time MBAs, so no opportunity costs are minimized. If the vast majority of people who are CFA make no less than $200k then I wouldnt think it is devalued, at least not yet. Even if the actual knowledge gained form a CFA is useless, theres still that barrier that needs to be overcome one way or another, and since I dont plan on setting the financial world on fire with revolutionary ideas, I guess I will have to settle for the degree in finance and a CFA that both look good on a resume. And that $200k isnt half bad either.

MattTheSkywalker said:
OK, here is a try:

CFA always makes you a slave, because you're always reacting. I can't fight wth people on here over it; $200K is a good salary and few people earn that. That's because most people are (1) stupid (2) narrow minded and (3) slaves to the idea of making money without producing wealth.

If you take a little time to think it through, you could make $200K doing anything. The whole idea of business education is fraudulent, this is another post.

I get it. I really do but while you're waxing poetic bills have to be paid. Unless you find someone willing to let you accrue knowledge without having experience or certification as you may have done it's just a pipe dream. Whereas getting that CFA and eeking by on $200K for 5-6 years puts one in a position to make the same choices you're making now.

MattTheSkywalker said:
OK, here is a try:

Believe me, I understand what you are saying. My ultimate goals are accumulating investment properties, either single unit housing, duplexes, apartments, in order to produce wealth. But since I know properties do not just fall into peoples laps with %100 equity and free of charge, I have to have a monthly cash flow.
A good job = monthly cash flow until the accumulation of real estate is sufficient to provide enough income to live on.

Top Bottom