Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CFA certification (Charter Financial Analyst)

-SD-

EXT ELITE ROB
Chairman Member
If any of you guys know if going through the trouble of getting this certification is worth it, let me know. And if it is, whats the best/easiest way. Thanks robs

Fellaz that i know have taken this and were the most successful at it....took it right after going for their MBA.

I don't know anyone with a CFA cert, that is making under $200k ..as long as you have a few years experience under your belt. Most are in VC or Investment advisory.

I would highly suggest sitting for the 3 exams, but make sure you take em in a timely manner.

Just a quick FYI....I lived in Philly and now working in NY.

Can I ask what are you plans / goals ? ?

Last edited:
CFA's are DEFINITELY worth it. I'm in the industry and will pursue it in the near future. I have about 30 books/tests with me to prep.

2ez said:
Fellaz that i know have taken this and were the most successful at it....took it right after going for their MBA.

I don't know anyone with a CFA cert, that is making under $200k ..as long as you have a few years experience under your belt. Most are in VC or Investment advisory.

I would highly suggest sitting for the 3 exams, but make sure you take em in a timely manner.

Just a quick FYI....I lived in Philly and now working in NY.
Can I ask what are you plans / goals ? ?

Financial analyst, perhaps do analysis for firms that do mergers/acquisitions. I will not be getting an MBA so I wanted to add more credentials with something like a CFA.

CFA is cheaper than MBA and worth more.

Follow it up with industry experience, organizations, authoring, leadership, editing, volunteerism -- all that cool extra shit you can then put on resumes.

You might as well hook up a car battery to your nipples.

Just my opinion, it is 100% worthless, even less valuable than an MBA...$200k / yr is not worth getting out of bed for and I have never ever ever seen an original idea derive from a CFA holder.

That's why they're in VC - they're "vicariously capable" and need you to bring them the idea.

MattTheSkywalker said:

Just my opinion, it is 100% worthless, even less valuable than an MBA...$200k / yr is not worth getting out of bed for and I have never ever ever seen an original idea derive from a CFA holder.

That's why they're in VC - they're "vicariously capable" and need you to bring them the idea.

$200k to folks like you might not be much, but to me and many others it is definetely worth getting out of bed for. I know you are knowledgable in the business world but lets have some perspective for what Im going for here.

MattTheSkywalker said:

Just my opinion, it is 100% worthless, even less valuable than an MBA...$200k / yr is not worth getting out of bed for......

Speak for yourself. I get out of bed for not much better than 25% of that. If I start sleeping in will you pay my rent? I don't look good in heels but I will shave my legs.

i'm not sure anything's worth getting out of bed for.

but i usually do it...for ~35 grand. at least i'm happy.

oh wait.

superdave said:
$200k to folks like you might not be much, but to me and many others it is definetely worth getting out of bed for. I know you are knowledgable in the business world but lets have some perspective for what Im going for here.

Bor, for real, it is the death of creativity and the rise of bureuacracy as financial "professionals" try to insulate themselves and raise barriers to entry that need not exist.

It's just a superficial barrier that proves nothing. It's like an IT certification, and the rush of people to get it will only devalue it.

That's just reality. Put your hard work and time into the accrual of knowledge and work, and you will do even better.

Top Bottom