Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

carb up question while on keto diet

I just ate 2 pieces of chicken with ranch dressing & then checked my blood sugar & it went up to 61 so I'm in a safer ketosis state, my question is if I check it again & it has me out of ketosis should I use 2 more iu's or be done with it? btw if mr. x isn't around I hope someone else can answer me, all info is greatly appreciatted:) ;)

wait, how long after your insulin did you have the chicken and ranch dressing (high-fat)?
Mr.X:cool:

I think we are not on the same page:

You CANNOT have fat for at least 3 1/2 hours after an insulin shot. Because fat will be stored by the insulin spike (really conterproductive to all the dieting). Now, if you blood sugar is too low just have lean protein: some egg whites, protein powders, chicken/turkey breasts..etc..
all these should give you some food and not raise blood sugar levels.
22 is too low and you need to definitely eat some protein.
NEVER EAT FAT AFTER INSULIN INJECTIONS (for at least 3 1/2) hrs

I had it all wrong then, I was under the impression that you needed fat to help you get in ketosis so then protein is the key to getting in ketosis & then you can add fats 3 and a half hrs. later after your insulin shot?

Sure, after your LAST insulin shot, (I would not eat anything thing for a long time, in order for my blood sugar to stay at 55, but for some people it drops too low and you HAVE to eat- so eat protein ONLY , it's less then 3 1/2 hours after the shot), I would really play it safe and not have any fat for 4 hours after last insulin shot.
Remember bro, we all make mistakes, so don't sweat it. The first time I used insulin years ago, I thought you were supposed to eat as much fat as you can with it to get into ketosis, WELL that didn't workout that good LOL. Back then there was very little, if any, research done on insulin and bodybuilding, so I was really a wannabe-be pioneer.

mr. X. One last question on this topic, you say no fats after last insulin shot I'm assuming that goes for 1st shot 2nd shot 3rd etc? nothing but protein the day you use insulin & the following day after I'm in ketosis I caN TAKE IN 70% fat 30% protein please tell me if this is correct, I hate bothering you about this but I don't want to screw it up so thanks for bearing with me:) :) :) :)

Don't worry bro, you're not bothering me at all.

Here's the run down: ANY insulin shot that is taken, should not be followed by intake of any kinds of fat. Because insulin will open the fat receptor cells and store the fat. Now, to clear something up, after your last insulin shot let's say at 9pm (wait at least 2 1/2 hours) then goto sleep without food. So, in turn, you really would not need to be eating anything at 11:30pm before bed. Just goto sleep. The fact is that you will be hungry as hell but you know that's dieting for you. When you wake up, you can eat a Ketosis based diet, FAT/Protein.

If you plan to eat after your insulin shots, you need to wait up to 4 hours before injesting any foods, in order, to achieve a semi-state of ketosis. (that means in about 4 hours -after LAST insulin shot= you can injest 80%fat/20%protein)

Top Bottom