Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Car people: my car wont start, I need help

healother

The last few months, sometimes I would turn the key, and my car would turn on the electrics but the start motor wouldnt engage. But usually after the 4th try the car would start.

Now today when i turn the key, nothing happens, the radio still comes on, but like before, the starter motor makes no noise and nothing happens.

If at all possible, I do not want to take the car to a mechanic, i want to fix it myself to save money. What could possibly be the problem?

The relay for the starter motor may not be working...

a way to test this is to take a jumper cable and jump from the positive lead directly to the starter motor to manually spin the starter motor...

if the starter motor spins there is nothing wrong with the motor so then it's either the solinode / relay for the motor or the cable supplying power to the starter motor.

jh1 said:
The relay for the starter motor may not be working...

a way to test this is to take a jumper cable and jump from the positive lead directly to the starter motor to manually spin the starter motor...

if the starter motor spins there is nothing wrong with the motor so then it's either the solinode / relay for the motor or the cable supplying power to the starter motor.

my starter motor is buried, i think ill have to unbury it, lol.

where is the solinode? the relays are really easy to access, right? arent those right on top by the hood?

Top Bottom