Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calves!!!

goahead said:
Don't forget to stretch the calves between exercises and next day. Good luck.

What are some of the stretches people do for calves. I work mine out pretty hard - plus I run every day.

I do what I know to stretch them out - but they can knot up pretty easily.

ideas?

calves...

I am all about fucking calves... most people have told me that my calves are my best bodypart. Not by genetics though by DEDICATION and fucking HARDWORK. :mad: I hammer the fuck outta my calves anywhere from 2-3x a week. I really nail the fuck outta them with a LOT of weight. I usually vary my rep-range anywhere from as low as 6-8 all the way up to 13-15. I use as much as 400 lbs. on seated calf raises and as much as 800-900 lbs. on leg press calf raises. I am not saying these numbers to brag by any means, rather to back up my opinion that heavy weights, and perfect form is basis for growth in your calves. Tons of weight piling on your calves forcing them to go and go and go until they cant even budge the weight another inch is the way to spur growth in your calves. Even after you cant complete a full rep, then do partials, then do quarter reps, then keep going until your calves are so exausted and so burned out you have trouble walking away from the calf machine. :p

natasan said:

What are some of the stretches people do for calves. I work mine out pretty hard - plus I run every day.

I do what I know to stretch them out - but they can knot up pretty easily.

ideas?

basically calves are the only muscle that i can think of that can be stretched in the same motion that is used to work them... basically use the calf raise machine and, one leg at a time, hold the down motion without any weight... you'll feel the stretch... (heel to the ground, toe on the platform)... you can do this on any elevated platform, or just put your toe up on a wall)...

so the consensus is pretty much....calves two days a week....one day high reps/low weight and the other low reps/high weight....am i correct?? and phenomena, i'm not gonna forget about your cardio/calf jumping thing...sounds pretty good...

Forget about consensus we all train differently.I would NEVER train by what "evyone else does"........Take what you can learn by studying about the body and what others have, but be guided by physiology, anatomy and physics, not by "what the crowd does".
If you want size, you need progressive resistance, and at some point intensity vairiables. If you just want "tone" (winces) train more often and lose fat through caloric restriction and increased activity.

Every one else seems to have the right idea. But for maxium growth be sure to completely contract on the calf on every motion, making every single muscle fiber in your calf hurt. you also want to be sure that when you do the raise come up on your big toe and not off the side of your foot, this helps to target the solieus and make any calf exercise hurt about 10 times more. Lastly just try to kill your calfs. They have been getting use since you were 1 and you use them everyday all day to walk. So in order to stimulate growth you have to go above and beyond what you ever thought possible. best of luck to yea

hey ironfoce...thanks for the work out...sounds pretty good...also, what do you guys think about jumping rope...does this do anything at all for calf development??

Don't you love that testosterone induced talk in T-mag???

I just makes you want to run to the Gym and SHRED them MOFOS to pieces... eh.. higly motivates you to train calves next time....

:D

Yeah Ladybug, take all the suggestions here and create your own routine. Monitor your progress (even take measurements) along the way and tweak it as you see fit. I'm sure you're not trying to build MASSIVE calves like a lot of us guys are, but you still have to hit 'em hard.

Think about how much you weigh, and the fact that your calves are providing that motion every step you take. Each leg virtually lifting your bodyweight with each step. You've gotta really up that in the gym and give 'em hell! Combine heavy lifting with plyometric exercises (like the jumping) to provide a nice all-round building routine. Once you stop noticing results, alter your exercises to shock 'em.

If you ever need a training partner, I'm available as a fellow Texan. :D 'Course, I'm a L'Horn, but the rivalry was always for fun & sport. Good luck!

Top Bottom