Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

calf training, help me!!

DUDES,

i am training legs once a week, in a mass program and my calfs do not seem to be growing but my quads are.

can any one help me but some beef on these bad boys?!!!!!!

my current calf workout, which follows squats
is 5 sets of standing calf raises with reps from 6 up to 25

HELP!!!

Common problem. Most people train calves more than most other body parts. Many use super-heavy weight. The calves are very strong and resilient muscles.
I tend to think that the answer to calf development is high reps. Look at all the serious bike-riders out there. Look at all the fat fucks with huge muscular calves out there. These people don't train with heavy weight (relatively), but they put their calves through high reps.

calf training....

ive found that it is best to alternate between two different calf-work outs during the week.
the first work-out dealing with super-heavy weight, and working the three major calf muscles,
gastroc, soleus, and the anterior-tib. the ant.-tib. should not be worked with heavy weight though,
usually just using your bodyweight should be sufficient.
the second workout deals more with high reps and low weight. really go for the pump during
this workout, incorporate a lot of posing and stretching between sets also. people usually start
to see a hot of improvement when they start to do that.

your calfs also might not be growing as fast as you want them to be because you are only training
them once a week, and after quads (probably the most hardest workout of the week). try training your
calfs twice and three times a week before you hit hamstrings, back, and quads. that way when you
hit your calfs first, they will be fresh and be able to push a lot more weight. :D

Stayhungry

I suggest 2 calf workouts per weeks to include squats, standing and sitting calf raises. I tend to do 1 high weight/low rep and 1 lighter weight/higher rep workout in each week. Most importantly, keep going on each set until you feel the burn in your calves. My workout partner has accomplished awesome calves with essentially this regimine.

I hate training calves. I have just recently found a way that works them great and is fun. I get into my pulling harness...strap myself to my 7,000lb truck and pull it for about 50 yards as fast and as hard as I can. My calves are huge after a couple of sets.

B True

Ditto... Calf's twice a week Minimum.
Either that or get a job in a Cubicle office environment.
You get plenty of calf work standing up on your toes to look over the wall at some dude asking you a question:)

my calves are *tiny* even though i train them three times a week doing both standing and seated raises. i work them to failure and i sure do feel the burn, the pain kills me. Yet my calf strength has improved but there is no change in size. not only that, even after a grueling calf workout, the calves will almost never be sore the next day. my BICEPS are bigger than my calves and i do not have large biceps. so what's the deal? something i should be doing that i'm not doing?

In my opinion genetics play a huge part in the size of your calfs. Unfortunately, no matter how much you train them they will not grow much if you do not have the right genetics. If you find your calfs are not growing through using weights you might be better off trying to just shape them by doing stand up sprints on a stationary bike. I know so many people who train their calfs like crazy with little or no reward.

Top Bottom