Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

calf training, help me!!

Twice a week:

1. 20 - 10 - 8 - 25 standing calve raises

2. 25 - 15 - 12 - 30 seated calve raises

3. 20 - 10 - 8 - 25 standing calve raises

4. 25 - 15 - 12 - 30 seated calve raises

If this doesn't work, find parents with better genetics
:D

I don't think insanely heavy weight helps the calves. I've found that (much like wynnyelle) when I go ultra heavy (4-6 reps) I don't see that much growth but I do get stronger. Reaching failure in that rep range tends to cause more neuromuscular adaption rather hypertrophy (muscle cell growth).

For that reason, I suggest going 10-12 reps, even 15-20 on some sets. I have noticed more growth when staying in this rep range. The most important factor in calf training (like any other bodypart) is intensity. You really have to break through the pain barrier and become hard-nosed if wanna put on calves and don't have the gentics for them (like me :( ).

TOMCAT said:
There is NO PAIN like CALF PAIN !!

Why the hell is that?

No kidding. It's a unique burn that makes me wanna scream in agony. I love it!

Sniperwolf,
Where you been the last few months bro?

Genitiking. I only ever log on to this site when I'm at work as stops me from falling asleep when I've got nothing to do. However, about a month ago, when I came back from a short holiday overseas, a whole heap of work had just piled up on my desk like a tower, and its just taken me until last week to get things under control.

damn it hurts when i train calves, it's worse than squats even. with squats it's kind of a whole-body general pain, but with calves i feel like fire is racing up the backs of my legs.

i plan to up the sets (i already stretch between sets). It's not like i have small calves, i have NO calves. Smooth straight line from under the knee to the ankle. Looking at my legs you'd wonder how i could run.

I plan to train those babies till they burst if i have to. I WILL have calves, i WILL have calves. I'm only asking for a normal anatomy here. I guess I'm becoming obsessed, but if that's what it takes...

Top Bottom