Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

caffeine free diet soda instead of water?

The only reason that I can think to avoid diet soda is because they contain sodium. Granted, it's not very much, but if you are trying to get ready for a contest (which I am). I think it would be best to stick to water when you're not sodium loading. I think Crystal Light is fine. I kind of have this philosophy since I'm new to competing. KISS (Keep it Simple, Stupid) I'd rather err on the side of caution.

hellorhih2o said:
Has anyone tried Fruit2o? It's pretty much just plain water with splenda and artificial flavors.

Fruit2o is ok...some of the flavors are pretty good. I used to drink it a while ago and got kinda sick of the flavor of the artificial sweetener, but they supposedly have recently improved on the flavor (they have all those stupid radio commercials that say it's "better than soda").

My choice would be Propel by Gatorade. It's water with a lot of flavor and I think it would be a great substitute for just drinking regular water. Only problem is that one bottle has 6g of sugar, which really isn't too much, but I water it down with an equal amount of water and make twice as much.

But regular water should be your main source of hydration, especially on a CKD.

If I were ever to go on a CKD (which is highly unlikely because I don't believe in being that strict about my diet) I would make shitloads of home-brewed iced tea. I'm pretty sure that tea has no carbs or anything (make sure you check, though) and would be a great alternative to plain old water.

Hope you're successful! Good luck!

---Mr. S---

Top Bottom