Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bran987's Diet Journal with Pics: Must Get In Shape.

pintoca said:
even though you ate the restaurant food, seems you came across "barely there" calorie-wise (like 1600ish???)

Don't sweat Bro, this is life, you have to deal with it (work, family, etc), just do yourt best
nah, just didn't post my PWO shake and my chicken breast I ate late last night... I came in over 2,000 cals yesterday that's why I"m up this morning for cardio :eek:

:) empty stomach cardio is brutal I'm always so hungry in the morn.

bran987 said:
nah, just didn't post my PWO shake and my chicken breast I ate late last night... I came in over 2,000 cals yesterday that's why I"m up this morning for cardio :eek:

:) empty stomach cardio is brutal I'm always so hungry in the morn.

Are you including in your diet some carb-up days (like once a week?)... remember you need to keep your thyroid happy... :)

pintoca said:
Are you including in your diet some carb-up days (like once a week?)... remember you need to keep your thyroid happy... :)
no... I mean I have a cheat day that includes lots of carbs just because those are the foods I like.. but I don't have a carb up day where I do maltodextrin or anything because I'm not on a ketogenic diet.. I think I do about 75g of carbs/day... do I still need a carb up?

it has nothing to do with ketosis... I have never thought about doing anything remotely similar to ketosis and still I used to do my carb-ups twice per week and now once per week.

The thing is to apply the zig zag method of dieting (if you don't want to call it carb-up): you stay low cals for a number of days, say 4, then have a higher cals day (which normally is also higher carbs, because we crave them). With this you keep your bodys adaptation response at bay for much longer than with a straight low-cals diet.

It also has the added benefit of having you look for something in your diet (your high cals-day).

In my example (and I know this doesn't apply to your weight), I was doing 2000,2000,2000, 2550, 2000, 2000, 2550 (as in MO til Sun)... on the 2550 cal days I would increase carbs all the way to the 250+grs and decrease fats considerably too.

with the cals you are doing, you can try with a high-cal day of 2000-2200 and see how it goes. If you feel guilty about eating that many carbs in one day: Do LEGS or BACK on that day (with increased weights, you can try a 5x5 routine only those days) and some good long cardio afterward.... You will be heavier the day after (you hold 3 grams of water per gr of CHO you take), but in 2 days you are back in your weight or lower.

pintoca said:
it has nothing to do with ketosis... I have never thought about doing anything remotely similar to ketosis and still I used to do my carb-ups twice per week and now once per week.

The thing is to apply the zig zag method of dieting (if you don't want to call it carb-up): you stay low cals for a number of days, say 4, then have a higher cals day (which normally is also higher carbs, because we crave them). With this you keep your bodys adaptation response at bay for much longer than with a straight low-cals diet.

It also has the added benefit of having you look for something in your diet (your high cals-day).

In my example (and I know this doesn't apply to your weight), I was doing 2000,2000,2000, 2550, 2000, 2000, 2550 (as in MO til Sun)... on the 2550 cal days I would increase carbs all the way to the 250+grs and decrease fats considerably too.

with the cals you are doing, you can try with a high-cal day of 2000-2200 and see how it goes. If you feel guilty about eating that many carbs in one day: Do LEGS or BACK on that day (with increased weights, you can try a 5x5 routine only those days) and some good long cardio afterward.... You will be heavier the day after (you hold 3 grams of water per gr of CHO you take), but in 2 days you are back in your weight or lower.
thanks for the advice man... really... oh and a Q... so if a gram of carb makes me hold 3g water.. then if I ate 200g of carbs I'd retain 600g of water.. and 1 pound = 453.59237 grams.. did I do that right?

bran987 said:
thanks for the advice man... really... oh and a Q... so if a gram of carb makes me hold 3g water.. then if I ate 200g of carbs I'd retain 600g of water.. and 1 pound = 453.59237 grams.. did I do that right?

yep, that is the math. I would try and find the article where I read that... , remember it is only a temporary gain, but VERY visible the day after... lol, never a good idea to weight yourself after a carb-up or cal-up day, you will feel so guilty (unless you did a major leg or back workout while on your carbs high)

Actually I think I can see a SLIGHT difference if you go back to the bottom of Page 2 and look at my Week 1 pics??? Am I imagining things too hopefully?

Last edited:
Bran, maybe should spread out the pics to every 2 weeks. Just my .cents

When I was taking dailty pics i couldnt see the drastic change, after 2 weeks, 4lbs lighter and more tone you WILL DEF see the results and it will motivate you little more too! Im glad you got the pic journal going. Shit me you pinto, and whoever kept a drastic diet log should really sell some self help books. 3 diets, all 3 dif ages, all great results! Make some cash! lol.

Good luck bro! Let them pics motivate you! You are on ya way!

MM107 said:
Bran, maybe should spread out the pics to every 2 weeks. Just my .cents

When I was taking dailty pics i couldnt see the drastic change, after 2 weeks, 4lbs lighter and more tone you WILL DEF see the results and it will motivate you little more too! Im glad you got the pic journal going. Shit me you pinto, and whoever kept a drastic diet log should really sell some self help books. 3 diets, all 3 dif ages, all great results! Make some cash! lol.

Good luck bro! Let them pics motivate you! You are on ya way!
I didn't know you had a journal? send me the link so I can check it out!

thank you for the advice!

Let me give you guys a little recap:

Week 1: did well, went to gym 4 times and was eating pretty healthy. lost a pound.

Week 2: After Memorial Day, was called away to california for work. only went to gym 3 times, eating was very difficult, no progress, possible regression.

Week 3: Began The Shadow's Diet, lost another pound this week. (was at the gym total of 7 times between cardio and weights.)

So far down 2 pounds after 3 weeks.. I have now bought calipers and will do a BF % test tonight. Goal for the next 8 weeks is to lose 10 pounds of fat without losing any muscle.

Top Bottom