Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bod pod and diet

OSUBEAVERS

First post here. I have really enjoyed reading alot the last couple of days. I had been struggling with minor weight gain and hearing my wife say you don't eat enough. But aren't we always being told its a simple calculation calories in calories out????

Here are my bod pod states
Age 32
Body fat 21.4
Weight 235.4
Lean body Mass 185

Calories burned in a coma 2200 sedentary 2800 with my workouts 3800 single workout days to 4600 on double workout days.
I had been eating around 2200 to 2500 calories a day and gaining weight. My wife is in her junior year getting a degree in Dietetics. What had happened is my body went into starvation mode-storing my food and canalizing my muscle. I would say I barely eat and am gaining weight!!! Exactly!

I have added quite a bit of calories and think I will be adding more. In the last week of added calories my clothes have already got looser.
Cureent diet
6am 24g Protein shake, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 100 cal light yogurt(switching to regular this week)
9am I can tuna 110 cal whole wheat Bagel(gonna double the carbs here and add a piece of cheese)
1130 1 red potatoe and chicken breast 6oz approx
400 pm 1 red potatoe and chicken breast 6 oz appro
500 pm 24g protein shake
600 to 700 dinner varies usually well balanced using healthy options whole grain turkey sausage fish ect chicken 500 cal well balanced
The kicker I wake up and east about 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter a night and maybe 30 g carbs

I think I should eat more any suggestions where to add. I am very consistent in this.

I just wanted to share my recent experience. Do something to contribute and look forward to sharing my journey to 210 pounds and 10%.

Good day all Jim

Last edited:
First post here. I have really enjoyed reading alot the last couple of days. I had been struggling with minor weight gain and hearing my wife say you don't eat enough. But aren't we always being told its a simple calculation calories in calories out????

Here are my bod pod states
Age 32
Body fat 21.4
Weight 235.4
Lean body Mass 185

Calories burned in a coma 2200 sedentary 2800 with my workouts 3800 single workout days to 4600 on double workout days.
I had been eating around 2200 to 2500 calories a day and gaining weight. My wife is in her junior year getting a degree in Dietetics. What had happened is my body went into starvation mode-storing my food and canalizing my muscle. I would say I barely eat and am gaining weight!!! Exactly!

I have added quite a bit of calories and think I will be adding more. In the last week of added calories my clothes have already got looser.
Cureent diet
6am 24g Protein shake, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 100 cal light yogurt(switching to regular this week)
9am I can tuna 110 cal whole wheat Bagel(gonna double the carbs here and add a piece of cheese)
1130 1 red potatoe and chicken breast 6oz approx
400 pm 1 red potatoe and chicken breast 6 oz appro
500 pm 24g protein shake
600 to 700 dinner varies usually well balanced using healthy options whole grain turkey sausage fish ect chicken 500 cal well balanced
The kicker I wake up and east about 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter a night and maybe 30 g carbs

I think I should eat more any suggestions where to add. I am very consistent in this.

I just wanted to share my recent experience. Do something to contribute and look forward to sharing my journey to 210 pounds and 10%.

Good day all Jim

What i would do personally is take out the protein shake at 6am substitute it for 8 whole eggs with a full cup of oats and the yogurt on top. Move the protein shake between 11:30 and 4 as i see you have almost no food in 4 hours therefore atleast giving ur body something although would be better to eat something then. With the tuna maybe have pasta i.e. tuna pasta is quite good to. Maybe add a extra potato in one of the potato meals or swop it our for brown rice. Just my thoughts.

no problem man and i see ur doing great eating every two hours so maybe adding a extra meal between 11:30 and 4, plus ur shake would even be better towards ur calorie intake. Just add in a bit here and there every meal and you will soon get used to it.

Top Bottom