Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bill O'Reilly lies 3 times in one week

Lao Tzu

In the interest of fairness, media matters is a liberal organization. But their facts seem straight.

Lie no. 1.

O'REILLY: I never attacked Cindy Sheehan personally

http://mediamatters.org/items/200606140004

Claiming that Sheehan was "dumb enough to allow" herself to be "run by far-left elements who are using her."

Claiming that Sheehan "has thrown in with the most radical elements in this country" and "other American families who have lost sons and daughters in Iraq ... feel that this kind of behavior borders on treasonous."

Including Sheehan on a list of "coward."

Lie no. 2.

O'Reilly: I don't make personal attacks

Referring to media writer and Fox News Watch panelist Neal Gabler as a "rabid dog" and calling him a "bomb-thrower" and a "left-wing Kool-Aid drinker." O'Reilly also stated: "If a teacher ever went in there [to a classroom] and said, 'Adam and Eve is real,' Neal Gabler would have a noose around his [the teacher's] neck."

Comparing liberal radio host and author Al Franken and "assassins" on the "Internet" and "cable television" to a New York City radio disc jockey who threatened "to do an R. Kelly" on the four-year-old daughter of a rival station's announcer.

Stating of Jeremy Glick, an O'Reilly factor guest whose father was killed in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and who opposed the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan: "If I could have whacked him, I would have."

Calling liberal radio network Air America "[d]isgusting" and "despicable."

Stating that if he were President Bush, he "would have laid ... out" veteran White House journalist Helen Thomas after she pressed President Bush on his reasons for invading Iraq.

Calling former Public Broadcasting Service host Bill Moyers a "totalitarian" and a "secular, far-left fanatic."

Calling students at the University of Connecticut who heckled Coulter during a campus appearance "far-left Nazis."

Calling Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) a "left-wing nut."

Stating of New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof, "How nuts is this guy?"

Stating that O'Reilly Factor guest Christopher Murray "sounds like a fascist"
for saying that that public institutions should not display religious symbols.

Calling former Green Party presidential candidate Ralph Nader a "loon."

Describing former president Jimmy Carter as "clueless" and "a fool."

Saying of Sen. John Kerry (D-MA), "He's a sissy."

Calling Dallas Morning News columnist Macarena Hernandez "incompetent" and a "Latina ideologue."

Telling Rev. Barry Lynn, executive director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, "You know I love you as a guest. You're one of the best. You're a paranoid crazy."

Calling Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) a "nut" for introducing legislation to equip commercial aircraft with anti-missile systems to repel attacks from surface-to-air missiles; on his TV program. (O'Reilly later falsely denied that he'd made the remark, and subsequently claimed he "forgot" he had done so.)

Lie no.3

Franken Lies, Coulter doesn't.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200606090014

She falsely accused former President Bill Clinton of being a "very good rapist."

She falsely claimed Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) refused to release his military records and tax forms during his 2004 presidential campaign, when, in fact, both were posted on his website.

She falsely claimed that former President Clinton's private secretary was the highest-placed African-American in the Clinton administration.

She falsely accused The New York Times of "out[ing]" gay children of prominent conservatives.

She falsely claimed the Arizona Daily Star dropped her syndicated column to "keep[] conservatives out."

She erroneously claimed that liberal financier George Soros "said the reason for anti-Semitism is the Jews."

She falsely accused University of Chicago professor Steven D. Levitt and Stanford University professor John J. Donohue III -- whom she identified as "liberals" -- of "defending Roe v. Wade."

She falsely asserted that Elizabeth Edwards -- whom she identified as the "white wife of vice presidential candidate John Edwards" -- "warned of riots unless John Kerry is elected."

This is neglecting his Malmedy myth.

O'Reilly was labeled the most misleading conservative commentator in 2004 by media matters.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200412230006

Three lies in one week is going to help him make that title again in 2006. Keep it up Bill.

I guess I don't like the guy. He is too certain he is right about everything, and he always claims to be an independent. And supposedly the head of media matters has tried to get on the O'Reilly factor but Bill won't let him on even though Bill constantly calls people cowards who won't go on his show. They claimed at least 75 myths, distortions or misleading facts in 2004 on his show. He has made at least 5 this week alone (those 3, malmady and the 9th circuit).

I just finished his book "Who's Looking Out for You?". Not a bad read at all.

Hannity is a tool.........attack that asshole and I'm on board.

Seems like this website misleads and lies as well

Two examples

1)She falsely accused former President Bill Clinton of being a "very good rapist."

2)She falsely claimed Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) refused to release his military records and tax forms during his 2004 presidential campaign, when, in fact, both were posted on his website.

Bill Clinton has been accused of rape by several women. He was also forced to pay substantial damages in a sexual harassment suit. Coulter was transparently being sarcastic to draw attention to the history and not claiming he was convicted of rape.

She was correct. Kerry never posted his compete military or tax records, despite repetitive promises to do so. He dodged it all throughout the campaign.

Top Bottom