Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Big Fuckers with 20 inch arms I Need your input for bigger arms

My biceps are 20" +. IMO there are several keys to getting your arms to grow.

1. your tricep is 2/3 of the arm muscle, so if you have decent tris, your arm overall will be bigger.

2. train arms by themselves

3. do heavy sets to failure which should be about 8-12 reps for both tris and bis

4. if you want to grow your bicep, be sure you are training back heavy. a lot of bicep used when
doing seated cable row, low hammer rows, etc.

5. 21s with an ez curl bar are a great exercise to really get an awesome pump. high cables with elbows above
your shoulders will get a nice peak going like StrongMo said. heavy standing dumbell curls work well for me
too.

hey I remember Guardian having a sick arm routine. Basically do a heavy set(6-8 reps) then superset it with half the weight for12-15

A navy seal showed me that one except going 12-15 it was to complete failure,you should be able to put a good half inch on the biceps using this routine.

RADAR

alright, here's one i find effective..

limited range that means that during the contraction using straight or ez bar do not allow the muscle to to open but keep it contracted during the exercise..
heavy weight, bent over with your forehead resting (keeping place) on a preachers bench, keeping yourself slightly off balance we don't want to use the rear delts, and contract, limited range..
then the 2nd movement with about 80% of the 1st exercise..
4-6 reps.. no rest, just put the bar down, move to the next
then in the 3rd and final movement 50% and fully open at the top and bottom, this allows blood to enter into the now destroyed muscle at the top and bottom.. 6-8 reps if you can..

so it's like this..

4-6 bent over very limited range keeping the muscle contracted 110%
4-6 limited range standing upright, keeping the muscle contracted 80%
6-8 full range open at the top and fully extend the elbow at the bottom 50%

that's 1 set... do 5 if you can.. be warned there is massive damage done to the muscle group doing this..

Heavy cable pulls with a nuetral close grip and any heavy pulling for that matter will kill your biceps AND forearms BUT as someone else mentioned, tris account for a large protion of your over all arm circumference so take a look at your arms and be honest about what is lacking. Eveyone is saying to add bicep exerecises but that might not exactly be your problem. As for tri development, heavy skull crushers, close grip bench press (not going all the way down so as to concentrate on the tris and not the pecs), weighted dips, and cable push downs.
My arms are 20.5" upon waking and slightly over 21" once they are pumped.
Another thing to remember is that over all weight/mass will also determine your arm size. Here's an interesting article about the the truth behind arm sizes and what are determining factors that contribute to over-all arm size.
TMUSCLE.com | Truth About Bodybuilding Arm Measurements

Heres a routine that worked for me in the past. The last set is always to failure. Im currently off cycle and plan on taking a break from aas for a while, but if you are on cycle, im sure you will see great results with this routine. This routine hits the biceps in all angles, which is what i think the biceps need for maximal growth.

Straight bar curl using a shoulder width grip: 1 set of 8-10 reps with a moderate weight, dont go all out, this is just a warm up, next set, go heavy with a weight you can get 6 reps out of and try to pump out 7 or 8. i had a training partner when i used this routine and he would spot me on 2 more reps after ive reached failure by myself.

Incline Bench DB curl alternating arms back and forth: again first set 8-10 reps with a moderate weight, then go heavy for 6-8. the incline bench helps so that you avoid the swinging from standing db curls.

Next either ez bar curl with the inner grips or v-bar cable curls: 1 set of 8-10 reps, then 1 set to failure (6-8 reps)

single arm preacher curl either with a db on the preacher pad, on the preacher curl machine or with a low cable and an incline bench in front of it: 1 set of 8-10, then set to failure with a weight you can get 6-8 reps with

finally, finish off with incline db hammer curls or rope cable curls: i prefer the rope cuz you can avoid swinging when using dbs: 1 set of 8-10, 1 set to failure (6-8 reps)

if you have a training partner, tell him you are gonna do 6-8 reps, when he sees you struggling, finish that rep and tell him to assist you in 2 more reps without sacrificing too much form. i had 13 inch arms in june 2008, now i have 17 inch arms and im only 5'6. give it a shot if you like, im sure you will see great results with this routine.

What's wrong with plain old progressive resistance? I don't have 20in arms, so I'm asking. What's wrong with barbell curls, wide-ish grip, adding weight or reps every workout?

I find direct arm work to be almost useless. I do reverse grip easy bar curls to help my forearms stabilize loads. I occasionally do 3 or 4 sets of dumbell curls but probably not more than once a month. Heavy deads, rows, bench, ohp, cg, and the like do all I need.

Course my arms are only 21.25" cold and over 22" when pumped.:D

Cheers,
Scotsman

I find direct arm work to be almost useless. I do reverse grip easy bar curls to help my forearms stabilize loads. I occasionally do 3 or 4 sets of dumbell curls but probably not more than once a month. Heavy deads, rows, bench, ohp, cg, and the like do all I need.

Course my arms are only 21.25" cold and over 22" when pumped.:D

Cheers,
Scotsman

Well the obvious mass builders for biceps are deadlifts, barbell rows, db rows but direct bicep training does help. the only reason why compound lifts build more mass is because yuo can use alot more weights.

Well the obvious mass builders for biceps are deadlifts, barbell rows, db rows but direct bicep training does help. the only reason why compound lifts build more mass is because yuo can use alot more weights.

Very true.

Once I incorporated deadlifts, I saw the light. Within 6 weeks I had stretch marks right from the arm pit til halfway down my biceps. They initially exploded with size.

Top Bottom