Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bananas ok?

Smokescreen

Experienced Noob
Platinum
Please tell me if this is wrong to do.

Have a protein whey shake consisting of 40grams of protein and ONLY 6grams of carbs and eating 2 small or 1 large bananas.

I'm not trying to gain weight or muscle. I'm trying to keep the most muscle while shedding all the fat and water I got.

Someone told me that for my case, eating the bananas isn't good. Someone else told me that if I take a shake post workout it will just mean ill be super hungry again in 2hours thus causing me to eat another mean which then means MORE calorie. And if I'm trying to lose fat and water, more calories isn't the best thing. I was told to just eat a meal post workout that way I get my nutrients AND Stay fuller, longer.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using EliteFitness

My opinion is you cant go wrong with fresh fruits and veggies. Many people cry about the fast glycemic carbs in fruits but fruits have many essential nutrients that are sparse in other foods and many people who cry foul on fruits could usually do a lot to clean up their diet in other places.

Cool. But is the combo of whey protein (no carb) and 2 small bananas (or 1 large) banana, a good post workout meal?

Will it inhibit me from losing fat/water?

Cool. But is the combo of whey protein (no carb) and 2 small bananas (or 1 large) banana, a good post workout meal?

Will it inhibit me from losing fat/water?

I think different carb sources are better post workout, but what you are doing is fine and shouldn't impede fat loss if that is your only source of fructose for the day. The thing is that bananas and fructose based carbs don't act the same as other sources for restoring glycogen levels, and are primarily stored in the liver which is the downfall. Simple and fast carbs like dextrose are better for that purpose.

In terms of fat loss, just make sure you are within your macro target of carb consumption for the day and you are fine

Shouldnt impede fat loss at all, fructose derives from the unaltered fruit (ie non processed into juice etc) has built in fiber and other stuff to slow its uptake. Combining it with protein helps slow down uptake as well. I would wager 90% of the people here dont get the needed amount of potassium daily anyway and a banana is a big shot of potassium.

I like to mash a banana up into a paste and mix it with two whole eggs into a liquid..then pour it in a pan with coconut oil and it turns into a pancake type object. Put berries on it and a little yogurt.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

Shouldnt impede fat loss at all, fructose derives from the unaltered fruit (ie non processed into juice etc) has built in fiber and other stuff to slow its uptake. Combining it with protein helps slow down uptake as well. I would wager 90% of the people here dont get the needed amount of potassium daily anyway and a banana is a big shot of potassium.

True about the potassium. I take 500mgs of potassium citrate caps with each meal I eat.

I always include banana in my shake everyday :) 3 bananaes per shake. hihihi. So I think it's just okay. Fruits and veggies are needed in our diet.

I like to mash a banana up into a paste and mix it with two whole eggs into a liquid..then pour it in a pan with coconut oil and it turns into a pancake type object. Put berries on it and a little yogurt.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

Sounds delish
!

Top Bottom