Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back from the doctor. Its been diagnosed- my arm problem that is.

natural-mike

Maybe you guys remember me bitching in every other post about my arm / bicep problems when squatting and Benching. Came back from the doc yesterday had my MRI. Its bicepital tendonitus. Both biceps, doc says its the norm for powerlifters especially from squatting. So I'm told to take a week off, stretch the biceps everyday training and non-training days for about 45 minutes to an hour, thats right that long just stretching biceps. I also left with some samples and a script for VIOXX . A powerlifters best friend!!!! Doc wants me on it for 3 months this plus a proper stretch and warm up regimen will eliminate the problem as he said there is no surgery no injections no special creams yadda yadda yadda. BUMP for any comments and/or ideas just curious to hear what you guys have to say or if there is any similar problems.

From a lot of the Westside material I have been reading Louie Simmons does warn about this form of tendonitus especially from Squatting, my opinion is I went to powerlifting and went right into chains, so the chains plus explosive lifting was too much to begin with for this old bodybuilder.

Oh well, just popped my first VIOXX......god I love powerlifting.

Peace,
Natural Mike

Well at least it isn't too serious. Most of us have or will get tendonitis at some point. Envious of the vioxx though.

My arm is killing me right now...the log clean and press, the atlas stones, and the yoke walk has taken it's tole on me. Squats and bench kill it too. I've been taking motrin like it was candy for a while now. I may check into the Vioxx though.

B True

I have done the Motrin thing, then graduated to Motrin combined with Alleve, it got to the point where I was taking 6 Motrin and 2 Alleve an hour before workout, probably did damage to the lining of my stomahc , I also wrapped both arms in ace bandages then neoprin elbow bicep supports and still pain. I mean I have to be honest from what my do told me, I always warmed upi my whole life but I never did much stretching, especially not my biceps, now I know what I have to do. The bitch of iot all is I never really got a chance to test my max on bench or squat because of it and it even mentally holds me back on ME days. I'm taking the rest of the week off, 3rd day of VIOXX today, will test it out Monday the whole VIOXX and strecthing thing, we will see.

Just want to get this healed so I can possibley compete.

vioxx........... mmmmmmmmmmm............. the good stuff......

hey man........ you know the old saying...... this first step to dealing with a problem is admitting that you have one...... well you kinda did that by being told what to do to fix it..........

the only thing i know about biceps tendonits............. is that it has to do when your scapula are not rotated properly and you bench......... you might want to consider the position of you shoulder blades on bench and squat.......

good luck

Top Bottom