Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

At what point do you retire?

w8lifterchick said:
yes, i was there, and again at the next one they had.
i was right behind you at the one in october. there were only 3 women competing there that time and we pretty much all stood together.- i didn't know who you were.
I was there with a girlfriend. I have long red curly hair (one of the other women competing had red hair too- she was with a guy and a kid though) and the other woman benched like 90 lbs (in my weightclass and had THICK glasses. and really bad breath).
Next time there is one let me know. I got a letter for the last one but threw it out, my right shoulder is shot and I can't flat bench for awhile. I don't think they'll notify me since I didn't go to the last one. I don't want to sound like one of those guys that thinks they know more then the ladies that lift, I know this not to be true. But if you compete again and want some tips, I'd be more then happy to help out a fellow Elite member.

Were you the girl that asked if they allowed bench shirts?

BBU - I did 420 raw at 225. I know there's lots of peeps that can do more, but that day I came out ahead. There's video on the training forum. Like I've been saying on this forum for years, it's all about who shows up and how you plan your lifts. You don't even have to be the strongest guy to win, lifters overestimate their lifts all the time and bomb out. There was a guy there that should have beat me that day but opened too high bombed out. I might have done alittle more but mathematically that's the lift I needed to win.

Last edited:
genarr3 said:
Next time there is one let me know. I got a letter for the last one but threw it out, my right shoulder is shot and I can't flat bench for awhile. I don't think they'll notify me since I didn't go to the last one. I don't want to sound like one of those guys that thinks they know more then the ladies that lift, I know this not to be true. But if you compete again and want some tips, I'd be more then happy to help out a fellow Elite member.

Were you the girl that asked if they allowed bench shirts?.

Yes, that was me.
i'm sure they'll notify me again- the little guy that ran it and that woman that assisted him remembered my name and said they are having another one in... november i think.
thanks for the offer of help- i don't have any help in person, but i have a few on line helpers with my routine. I got 165 at the last meet and by november i'd like to hit 170 or 175 (raw of course).
there is a meet near you in october- a full meet in middle village i think. I might enter, but i could only bench and i'd need help getting my shirt on (inzer poly, open back). I'd like to get over 200 at that one.

Top Bottom