Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone take Celexa/Wellbutrin?

Gman

Damn my doc put me on Celexa 5 1/2 months ago and my libido went to shit so he recently added 200 mg of Wellbutrin.. well it doesn't seem to have done anything to my sexual desire level but i seem to be getting ripped up all of a sudden.. and i have a lot more motivation to go and work out! This shit rules!! Anyone ever take it and have the same effect?

I think my sex drive sucks cause I never took Clomid after my summer cycle of Dbol/Deca/Omnadren! My nutz dropped quite a bit, and gained some size, but I have a feeling they still aren't back to normal. Is this possible? I mean my summer cycle ended in the beginning of august.

Wellbutrin does not increase libido but, not being an SSRI, it doesn't typically lower libido.

Celexa often affects libido less than the other SSRIs. An alternative is the new Lexapro. It's a so-called mirror-image of Celexa and my own clients, after switching from Celexa, often report that their libido returns to normal.

Recovery of your own testosterone production will take much longer without clomid.

I was on Celexa for the majority of the last 3 years and on it during a cycle a while back. I hate it! It made me lazy and unmotivated. Without Celexa, I'm the opposite of this. Celexa-free, I have tons of energy, a good sex drive, and the desire to hit the gym very hard. I was concerned that Celexa (along with all the other SSRI's) may have a negative effect on testosterone levels. I asked my doctor about this, but he said that he wasn't aware of any such thing. Personally, I think that it may decrease your natural testosterone production to some degree and for that reason, I've discontinued taking it. Now, I'm more energetic and more aggressive in the gym...my old self. I'm done with the anti-depressants because of their negative impact on my workouts. Celexa ruined my last cycle, never again though.

PS - My doctor also prescribed Wellbutrin along with the Celexa because I was complaining about being tired all of the time. I tried the combination and it helped some, but I'm much better without either. I'll just have to deal with the depression. I can't stand taking something that might decrease my test levels and sex drive. No more Celexa for me.

NN

Seems like doctors like to throw around SSRI to just about anyone...I was talking to my doctor and he gave me celexa (I'm trying to get back 3000 dollars but I will need a doctors note, long story)

He said if it doesn't work he'll put me on ritalin. I have no intention of using any of the drugs,

Nutrient-Nut said:
I was on Celexa for the majority of the last 3 years and on it during a cycle a while back. I hate it! It made me lazy and unmotivated. Without Celexa, I'm the opposite of this. Celexa-free, I have tons of energy, a good sex drive, and the desire to hit the gym very hard. I was concerned that Celexa (along with all the other SSRI's) may have a negative effect on testosterone levels. I asked my doctor about this, but he said that he wasn't aware of any such thing. Personally, I think that it may decrease your natural testosterone production to some degree and for that reason, I've discontinued taking it. Now, I'm more energetic and more aggressive in the gym...my old self. I'm done with the anti-depressants because of their negative impact on my workouts. Celexa ruined my last cycle, never again though.

PS - My doctor also prescribed Wellbutrin along with the Celexa because I was complaining about being tired all of the time. I tried the combination and it helped some, but I'm much better without either. I'll just have to deal with the depression. I can't stand taking something that might decrease my test levels and sex drive. No more Celexa for me.

NN

You know I hear that all t he time -- that Celexa makes patients "unmotivated." Tell me something. Did it relieve your depression even though it made you feel unmotivated? Or was the feeling more like being depressed but being indifferent to the depression? That's what I hear from clients fairly often.

i took wellbutrin to help with the anxiety that comes with quitting smoking, although it helped it did make me yawn like crazy. as for my sex drive no affect there. good luck i hope your libido returns, for your wife/girlfriends sake.

i started taking wellbutrin about 6 months ago, and I've lost quite a bit of weight due to it. mostly fat, but i feel like i've lost a little muscle too. not anything drastic though. i'd say it's much more of a good thing than a bad. it also really helps to supress tobacco addiction.

I have taken wellbutrin 2 help quit smoking, 300mg daily, I did help me 2 finally quit 4 years ago. I felt spacey, I would be sitting there at work and a friend would ask 2 go 2 lunch or something and it felt like I just got 2 work, time just drifted by me, I was out of it, focused only on what I was doing nothing else mattered, my own world, freaking weird shit.... sex drive ahhhh I would say a lose of... strange strange shit, 4 me anyway.

musclebrains said:
Wellbutrin does not increase libido but, not being an SSRI, it doesn't typically lower libido.

Celexa often affects libido less than the other SSRIs. An alternative is the new Lexapro. It's a so-called mirror-image of Celexa and my own clients, after switching from Celexa, often report that their libido returns to normal.

Recovery of your own testosterone production will take much longer without clomid.

Your a Doctor and dont know Wellbutrin is a dopamine antagonist?? Wellbutrin has a very positive effect on sex drive! It is a proven effect of the drug and that why it is stack with SSRI's.

Sustained Release Tablets: Bupropion is a relatively weak inhibitor of the neuronal uptake of norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine, and does not inhibit monoamine oxidase. The mechanism of action of bupropion, as with other antidepressants, is unknown and the mechanism by which bupropion enhances the ability of patients to abstain from smoking is also unknown. However, it is presumed that this action is also mediated by nonadrenergic and/or dopaminergic mechanisms.

WELLBUTRIN SR has a low risk of sexual dysfunction and weight gain. In fact, WELLBUTRIN SR has a 72% lower incidence of orgasm dysfunction than Zoloft (10% vs 36%). In a long-term study, WELLBUTRIN SR demonstrated a low incidence of weight gain.

Wellbutrin has been linked to fat loss as a side effect of taking it and the fat loss seems to stay off.

I got dramatic fat loss when I was on WB SR and adderall.

seems like most you guys are taking way more than me. I'm only 150mg a day. I've almost been on for 2 months and feel nothing. Should I ask to up the dose?

Top Bottom